• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Trumbo for Ivan Nova makes sense for both teams

NrM

Trumbo's last at bat says he has zero trade value. He swung at a pitch at his eyebrows and he is 6'4" tall. Of course Howie did the same thing in his at bat following so it's not as though Mark is the only guy on the team with zero hittable pitch recognition.

I don't think anyone thinks he's gonna net us an established #2, but he can net us a prospect who's capable of being just that

Ummm... no he can't.  If Trumbo was capable of being a #5 hitter then maybe.  But he is proving he isn't

Ummm... no he can't. If Trumbo was capable of being a #5 hitter then maybe. But he is proving he isn't

I agree thay some on here overrate him. But you're undervaluing him.

Power will always have a market, especially post peds.

trumbo is still under club control for two years or so...compare his numbers to jay bruce, then note bruce is making a lot more.

If the angels are good with trading trumbo, there's more than a few teams thay will offer something valuable in return.

Ummm... no he can't. If Trumbo was capable of being a #5 hitter then maybe. But he is proving he isn't

This is just an example, but a team like KC desperately needs offense, particularly someone with plus power, cheap and under club control for more than a couple of years. They have enough young arms on the farm that they can spare one for someone like Trumbo. Names like Zimmer or Ventura are ones with major upside and could one day become a #2, not saying they will but like I said above, it's possible.

This is just an example, but a team like KC desperately needs offense, particularly someone with plus power, cheap and under club control for more than a couple of years. They have enough young arms on the farm that they can spare one for someone like Trumbo. Names like Zimmer or Ventura are ones with major upside and could one day become a #2, not saying they will but like I said above, it's possible.

I don't know man. They got that Wil Myers guy. He's looking great..

oh wait..

Ivan Nova sucks. Trumbo is pretty underrated around here if it is suggested that we trade him for the Yankees #6 starter.

Stop saying Trumbo has no value. Im not a big fan of hid, but he has power, is young, cheap, and controllable, and is to a certain extent versatile defensively. When hes hot hes as good as any hitter in the game and we have all seen that. You dont trade a player like that for a borderline 5 starter with very little upside

Why would KC give up a potential #2 arm for a player like Trumbo when they could give up the same prospect for someone better than Trumbo?

no offense to everyone on this board, but are you people smoking crack? 

Guy was solid as a rookie.  peripherals weren't great but he was 24

Last year he got hammered.  BABIP was .333.  K's up to a good level.

Now, he's got solid peripherals in line with his minor league stats.  He's coming into his own. 

If you could get this guy and another minor leaguer for Trumbo, I would do it. 

The expectations for what this team's players are worth in a trade are totally unrealistic (see Scott Downs trade thread). 

There are only 2 players in the major leagues with 20 or more HRs this season who have a worse OPS than Trumbo. (Dunn, Uggla)

Do you think the Royals would give up a potential #2 starter for either of them? Trumbo's age is no longer an asset to him. This was the year that he was supposed to "get it." He didn't. He's a .250 hitter and an under .800 OPS who can't play defense. He is not going to net you a potential #2. A potential #4 or 5? Maybe... I could see that.

There are only 2 players in the major leagues with 20 or more HRs this season who have a worse OPS than Trumbo. (Dunn, Uggla)

Do you think the Royals would give up a potential #2 starter for either of them? Trumbo's age is no longer an asset to him. This was the year that he was supposed to "get it." He didn't. He's a .250 hitter and an under .800 OPS who can't play defense. He is not going to net you a potential #2. A potential #4 or 5? Maybe... I could see that.

Maybe A #5? That's just flat out stupid. I'm not even gonna continue this

Like every other team, aw posters overvalue their current players.

Trumbo is not a real moto and his real value comes from his cheap team controlled years.

His on field production only makes him a slightly above average player.

Id take an above average position player over a 5 starter any day