• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tony Reagins GM History

gotbeer

He was under a lot pressure to bring in some impact bats. Arte sent him to the Winter Meetings with an empty wallet. He did extend Weaver.

true, the only part I disagree (unless im misunderstanding what you said) is that he gets kudos for not signing crawford. He tried to sign him to a horrible deal, we just dodged a bullet when he shit the bed and showed up late.

Matsui was decent...resigning vlad may have been better. Torii was a good signing.

It's just the whole way Reagins went about his job, from the bad trades to emptying the farm of much needed pitching help, to getting to critical meetings late (although luckily fortunate with Crawford), to just not showing a solid ability on how to best run the team.

It was like Reagins was simply happy to be GM, and maybe not so much striving to make the Halos the best.

Maybe the J. Pierpont Reagins gloss was a bit strong. But sometimes it sure seemed like he had little in qualifications to be a solid GM, like J. Pierpont Finch truly didn't have to solidly run his company.

Edited by Angel Oracle

true, the only part I disagree (unless im misunderstanding what you said) is that he gets kudos for not signing crawford. He tried to sign him to a horrible deal, we just dodged a bullet when he shit the bed and showed up late.

Matsui was decent...resigning vlad may have been better. Torii was a good signing.

He also tried to sign Beltre but Arte wouldn't pony up. Dipoto shows up and Arte's all in. Reagins could've been credited for signing Pujols. I'm sure that Reagins is glad that fell on Dipoto.

It's just the whole way Reagins went about his job, from the bad trades to emptying the farm of much needed pitching help, to getting to critical meetings late (although luckily fortunate with Crawford), to just not showing a solid ability on how to best run the team.

It was like Reagins was simply happy to be GM, and maybe not so much striving to make the Halos the best.

Maybe the J. Pierpont Reagins gloss was a bit strong. But sometimes it sure seemed like he had little in qualifications to be a solid GM, like J. Pierpont Finch truly didn't have to solidly run his company.

It started with the Warner Madrigal cock up (even though he turned out to be totally shit, we still let a decent prospect go for literally nothing because of a simple screwup) and got worse from there. His tenure was a disaster that'll take us a long time to recover from.

In 2008, Reagins inherited the team that Stoneman built, along with players from the Brown/Bavasi era of the 1990s.

By year 3, they had become an under .500 team.

If Reagins belongs on any list, it's the one that includes Dick Walsh for worst Halos GMs.

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 1 year later...

Yet during that tenure we went to the postseason during any other time. I think many people just see the Wells deal and that's it. If you look at the entirety of his tenure, he was a good GM. What exactly makes him bad?

Tell us what makes him good, and be specific.

More speculation on what people thinks what happen3d. Yet there is nothing concrete to prove the validity of the accusation. Reagins was the GM. He made the move. He takes the blame. Now if you can show me anything besides "everyone knows Scioscia calling the shots" of some type verification 5th an you view is nothing more than speculation.

Just doing a simple search will provide numerous articles.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/19987414/angels-firing-of-scout-bane-looks-bad-with-success-of-trout-weaver-trumbo#commentsAnchor

The worst GM of our time. 

"[Reagins] said, 'We're not going to renew your contract.' [Eddie Bane] said, 'You've gotta be kidding me.' He said, 'I don't like your last couple of drafts.' "

The above quote is in reference to the drafts in which The Angels drafted Trout, Richards, Bourjos, Skaggs, Corbin, and Grichuck all thanks to the expertise of Eddie Bane as director of scouting. 

Reagins is an unprecedented blight. Look at the Angels' farm system now: ranked 28th. It was recently ranked 30th, even.