• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Dennis Farina

Really liked his acting..........seemed to be a guy in good health -- died at a Scottsdale hospital.

I'm not a real TV/ movies guy but liked 'Law & Order' -- he sort of took over the 'Lenny Briscoe' role -- another guy I liked.

He also was great in the movies mentioned in this thread, 'Get Shorty' etc,

The guy spent 20 years as a member of the Chicago Police force so he brought some reality to his Law & Order role.

I don't follow Hollywood/ movie stuff much -- but am sad to hear of Dennis Farina's passing at a fairly young age (69).

I loved Farina in his three episode arc of Miami Vice.  He played a mobster called 'Lombard' and didn't have to work too hard in that role.  He was perfect.  Gruff, brutal, but with a whiff of charm in his eyes.  He's memorable for one of my favorite scenes of all time in Vice.

Tubbs goes undercover and teases that he's in the mob.  He finally gets an invite to Farina's 'office' which is actually a yacht.  Tubbs comes aboard, and he and Farina say a few lines to each other in Italian.  Then, Farina grabs Tubbs' face and says:

FARINA:  Ya know, I been thinking, you look a little dark to be Italian.

TUBBS:  That's because I'm from southern Italy.  It's called...Africa.

They both laugh.  Great lil' scene thanks to Farina.

Interesting trivial side note:  Farina's first episode of Miami Vice is an episode called "Lombard."  Farina's underling in the episode was played by Joe Dallesandro, who was one of Warhol's photo subjects.  It was Dallesandro's image that graced the cover of The Smiths first album.  Who knew he would go on to star in an episode of Vice with Farina.