• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FREE KOLE CALHOUN

Chuck

And this makes me scratch my head, unless he's keeping Kole in AAA for trade bait and will promote him after the deadline if a deal isn't struck.

I'm to lazy to look it up Chuck, but could this just simply be a service time issue to keep him an extra year? He already has some big league time on the clock and they could simply be looking longer term since the season appears to be tanking?

Both Dipoto and Calhoun were at our Spring Fanfest and Jerry was very complimentary of Calhoun and recognized his plate discipline.

Only reason I can honestly imagine is that they want him playing everyday.  If the Angels fall out of contention and do trade off a guy like Trumbo, then I can see them wanting to give him full time at bats at the MLB level.

Not sure what the Angels are doing bringing up all these non-gloves when the team has struggled defensively.  

Makes sense, I mean, how to be THIS bad with such a high payroll needs to be kept as a closely guarded secret strategy.

If this was Boston or NY, people would be asking questions and expecting some answers. In OC nobody dares ask real questions, nor do they expect anything but puff pieces from the press, and cliches, and evasion from the FO..

This team needs Wally George to ask the tough questions.

This team needs Wally George to ask the tough questions.

LOL!

I would love to interview Scioscia, Dipoto, And Arte,... Wally George style.

Asking the tough questions.

A small but boisterous audience in the grandstand, agreeing with every point I make.

Banging my fist on the desk.

Must be time for bed.

Shuck, Hawpe, and Cowgill are all Dipoto guys. Calhoun isn't a Dipoto guy.

But he does fit JeDi's plate discipline desires. This makes no sense at all.

Trout, Bourjos, and Calhoun would make for a great defensive OF.

Send Hamilton to DH, and wish Pujols was never signed.

Or just have Pujols, Hamilton, and Trumbo each play 110 games max in 2014 and split 1B and DH.

Free Kole Calhoun!

Well, many of thought Calhoun could have made the team out of ST and contributed this year -- however -- he would have been sitting the bench as a 4th/5th OF'er and not getting much playing time.

So back to AAA probably made sense.

At this point, Halos are probably counting his actual MLB time and waiting to call him up at a point when he won't become eligible for Free Agency a year earlier than he would otherwise be......that's my guess on why he's in AAA and a 4-A guy like Hawpe has a roster spot.

Clearly Calhoun could contribute now -- particularly with Bourjos out another week or two.........

I find it hard to believe they are being that cheap.  Then again, they are when it comes to contract renewals... even if they have a player that has one of the best rookie seasons ever.  

It's super irritating that Moreno seems to have no problem setting suitcases of money on fire to sign ridiculous deals for Hamilton, Wells, Pujols, Mike Scioscia and others yet pulls all kinds of petty nickel and dime nonsense with our best young players.

It's super irritating that Moreno seems to have no problem setting suitcases of money on fire to sign ridiculous deals for Hamilton, Wells, Pujols, Mike Scioscia and others yet pulls all kinds of petty nickel and dime nonsense with our best young players.

Not only that, he gave a ridiculous extension to his Manager.  

well, let me defend the organization a bit on this..........

when you have a player like Trout, like Calhoun -- and you've spent time and money developing them -- you want to keep them under club control as long as possible.

and with the new MLBPA agreement, it's getting tougher to do that.

As for Calhoun -- if he didn't start the season with the Halos and now you're 10 games out and about 4/5 games under .500 behind two teams in your division in late July........it probably makes sense to NOT let him accumulate MLB playing time that would make him a free agent a full season earlier than he otherwise would be.

this would almost be like making an expensive trade for a 'rental'

OH -- Calhoun catches that ball that AW Shucks just missed.