• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When did the All-Star Game become boring?

Personally I really enjoyed watching the game twice. Watching the best players in the world play hard is incredible.

1. Trout getting a first pitch double to start the game was amazing!

2. AL pitching was dominate.

3. Jean Segura's defense was flawless.

4. Miggy didn't disappoint with a double and scoring the first run.

4.Machado's defensive play was awesome.

5. Fielder legging out a triple hilarious.

6. Cruz misplaying a fly ball was typical.

7 Mariano scoreless inning was memorable.

8. Yes I enjoyed Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline.

These are just a few of the moments I enjoyed.

One more thing ... Erin Andrews saying nobody wants to hear me was dead on target.

Interleague play all year has ruined the whole aura of the All Star Game, seeing mid season the AL and NL match their best against each other.

Last night's game was another FOX Sports circus event, killing another tradition of the 7th inning stretch and adding the 8th inning salute to the Red Sox 7th inning stretch. What an abortion of an idea and yet Selig gave his thumbs up to the idea of delaying the game a second time for Neil Diamond to display his lost vocal cords.

Giving the MVP award to Rivera was another grandstand play which showed no substance and honored a guy that is getting more farewell tour honors than any player in history. He pitches the 8th with a 3 run lead and they call that the pivotal performance of the night? Stupid.

Take the game away from Selig's meddling, FOX's third rate Las Vegas cabaret act, idiot fans that stuff ballot boxes and you may have something worth watching.

The Fox team of joe, Tim, and Ken is impossible to watch. Tim trying to describe the lyrics of "Sandman" by Metallica, Mariano's walk in music, was ridiculous. I sent Stradling a txt in the sixth inning and told him that Rivera would win MVP. They barely mentions trout at all during the broadcast. Mariano got the most play. Then Harvey. Then Cano. The integrity is disappearing quickly from th game.

They mentioned trout (i thought they meant he's too good to play for a franchise like ours). Beltran how he's outplayed pujols (true). Also how much trout and the Angels organization miss torii hunter

Thats all i heard when they mentioned the angels last night

The Fox team of joe, Tim, and Ken is impossible to watch. Tim trying to describe the lyrics of "Sandman" by Metallica, Mariano's walk in music, was ridiculous. I sent Stradling a txt in the sixth inning and told him that Rivera would win MVP. They barely mentions trout at all during the broadcast. Mariano got the most play. Then Harvey. Then Cano. The integrity is disappearing quickly from th game.

I get that Rivera's night was huge.    But ASG MVP?    For getting 3 8th inning outs?   He definately wasn't the most effective pitcher, that was probably Sale.

LOL at exactly ONE run combined by the 2 teams coming on a hit, the other 2 AL runs scoring on outs.

When was the last time the 2 teams combined for ONE run scoring via a hit? 

At least it wasn't ZERO runs on a hit, like the 1968 ASG where the only run by the 2 teams combined scored on a GIDP in the 1st inning.    Heck, that game's only real memorable footage (and negatively at that) was Harmon Killebrew's injury fielding a low throw.

I loved the game. I really enjoy seeing match ups you'll only get to see a few times through out a players career like

Harvey vs. Trout

Sale vs. Cargo

Scherzer vs. Votto

Hernandez vs. Wright

That slider Sale k'd Cargo with was disgusting.

I don't see how baseball fans find the all star game boring.  I understand people have lives and aren't going go out of their way to watch it, but it's a regular baseball game with the best players.  That's boring but you're willing to watch a game with brendan harris, brad hawpe, jb shuck, and chris iannetta playing against a team with the likes of brett wallace and jd martinez.

Not to be a buzzkill but this tread is like the bitter old man's club.

The game became boring as we got older and more focused on the fantasy, saber metrics, how does the home runs derby affect my batter, ad my starter better not go more than an inning and a third.

All star game is for the young fans on tv and at home.

For me, it is only a bit boring. With all the interviews and whatnot. I figured they would give the MVP to Rivera. No one else MADE that much of an impact besides those who got the Rbi's in. I figured they would do Sweet Caroline, for the whole Boston Bombing thing again.

I can definitely agree I am getting tired of hearing it played everywhere that isn't Fenway. At the BWW in Buena Park, Angel fans alike were singing along like crazy drunk people at a game. Am I the only person that thought it was stupid to only let Mo' go one inning? If you went through the WHOLE CHARADE of playing Enter Sandman, and whatnot to showcase him, why the hell don't you LET HIM GET THE SAVE? That just seemed ridiculous to me. 

Miggy calling Trout a fake lead off hitter was kinda weird.

What does that mean? What was the context?

I enjoyed last night's game. It's the first one I have sat through from start to finish until 2003. It was nice they kept Trout in until the 8th, but it was dumb to pinch hit for him.

I get that Rivera's night was huge.    But ASG MVP?    For getting 3 8th inning outs?   He definately wasn't the most effective pitcher, that was probably Sale.

There weren't a lot of choices, considering that neither team had a player with more than one hit, and two of the three runs scored on a sacrifice fly and a fielder's choice. It was a sentimental pick, I grant you, but this was a game without many great moments apart from Rivera's entrance in the eighth.