• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict

Apples and vuvuzelas.

I disagree. There's so much outrage over this one isolated event, a tragic event from all directions, and there are all kinds of cries about the failure of America, our system if justice, and how race relations between blacks and whites still haven't progressed enough. While there's plenty of things there fr a national dialogue, what about black on black murder? Is there an equal amount of outrage over the deaths of those 11,106 young black kids as there has been about this one death? If not, why not? Is the one more important or outrageous than the eleven thousand?

I guess it comes down to who you think was acting in self defense. The 17 year old kid who chose a path off the road (I'm sure none of us has ever done that) and was confronted by some strange asshat who had been following him or the self appointed defender of the community who could have chosen many different options other than confrontation but was obviously feeling empowered by his lofty position and lead dispensing partner in the fight against strangers walking in shadows.

Wow, what an even handed description of the event.  Who wrote that for you, Piers Morgan?

Because this case is 100% related to race.  It doesn't make this any more tragic than the 11,000 murders that Tank references, but few things will generate more outrage than what many believe to be murder fueled by racism.

This case is only related to race because the media and the public who bought into that story. With the case presented as is, there is no way this was motivated by race. The officers, DA, and now the jurors are saying race wasnt a factor at all. Those who want this to go to a civil rights case will be sorely let down, it wont stand a chance.

If this goes to a civil case of wrongful death GZ will lose. It will be easy to prove he was partially responsible for the death. But criminally in the state of Florida GZ did nothing wrong.

some of the stuff this lady says is just WOW...

"Rachel Jeantel wasn’t a good witness. She was not credible…I felt bad for her. I didn’t understand her. A lot of the time, she was using phrases I’ve never heard before. Clearly, She didn’t want to be there. I think she felt inadequate due to her lack of education and communication skills.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdSZw2-C18

full transcript here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/15/3502047/zimmerman-juror-speaks-out-transcript.html

Thats the thing about being on a path off the road. Not having fences to mark off territory is normal lots of places outside of California.

I agree with this but I also ask, is it out of the ordinary that someone might find this suspicious and want to call the police? Especially is a neighborhood that has had recent crimes? 

Just curious, at what point did GZ overstep his bounds? Does anyone have a problem with him calling the police? Obviously getting out of the car set things in motion but there is dispute about whether he headed back to his car or if he followed Martin the entire time. 

some of the stuff this lady says is just WOW...

"Rachel Jeantel wasn’t a good witness. She was not credible…I felt bad for her. I didn’t understand her. A lot of the time, she was using phrases I’ve never heard before. Clearly, She didn’t want to be there. I think she felt inadequate due to her lack of education and communication skills.”

Did you see Rachel Jeantel's testimony? She wasn't well spoken, had a bad attitude and probably did more to hurt the prosecution than help them. I agree with the juror.

The prosecution called Jeanteal to the stand and most articles said she might as well have been a witness for the defense.  I definitely agree with Socialiente as race was something the media brought up and ran with.  They had multiple break ins in that complex, one of which occurred when a woman was home with her young child during the day and 3 of which had black males indentified as suspects.  They caught one individual with an item taken from a house and felt there might have been others involved as they didn't find other missing items.  Zimmerman didn't follow Martin because he was black he followed him because was walking around behind the townhomes at night when they had multiple break ins in that complex. 

Amazing how you have so many facts to be able to ascertain that.  Why couldn't it be both?

Facts as I understand them are that a man who refused to identify himself was following the kid around. Does he not have the right to defend himself in this situation? Should he have waited for the guy to shoot him first?

Facts as I understand them are that a man who refused to identify himself was following the kid around. Does he not have the right to defend himself in this situation? Should he have waited for the guy to shoot him first?

So youre saying its ok to attack someone who is walking away from you just because they were following you previously?