• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sandoval? What to do with him?

he leads the league in bb/9.  don't have to go much further than that.  

he's got a mediocre fastball but so do a lot of guys.  His slider and change are plus.  But he can't just completely not throw his fastball for strikes.  

I have no idea if any of his struggles are between his ears but more strikes will bring him more success.  

16 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think the whole "trust your stuff" mantra is mostly bullshit.

I think the issue isn't a lack of confidence in stuff, but a flat out inability to throw the ball in the strike zone at will. I'm sure he's trying to throw strikes, he just can't.

I hope this isn't true.

15 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

it's going to be his ability to control/command the strike zone. If he's going to be walking 3 to 5 guys per start, its going to be a struggle.

The stuff is still good, actually looks better than last year. The command/control not so much. 

Personally I think he just needs to slow down. take a breath, pause beacuase it looks to me like he starts to rush and be out of sync with his mechanics.

Both Canning and him this is going to be a prove it type of year. 

Do you think it's the pitch clock?

Just now, fan_since79 said:

LOL 

You can laugh old man, but if your ERA is 9% better than league average over the course of your career then you are MUCH better than that record. I know you don’t get it and that’s ok. Let the rational people talk this one out. 

Just now, Jason said:

I get that win/loss record is not a great indicator of pitching success but 18-40 is enough to say that he hasn't been good. 

Just now, Stradling said:

You can laugh old man, but if your ERA is 9% better than league average over the course of your career then you are MUCH better than that record. I know you don’t get it and that’s ok. Let the rational people talk this one out. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Patrick Sandoval - Stats - Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball

Maybe "that bad" is a bit much but he is just mediocre.