• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (Season Opener - March 28th, 2024 3pm EST)

I believe in Rendon, just had some bad luck these past few seasons and I believe in Sandoval as being our starter today. Been let down many times before by Sandoval but with the new staff and clubhouse attitude I believe he can become the pitcher we need. First game of the day and season, let's f'n GO!

Always something special about opening day. I prefer starting on the road too. All the ceremonies etc. for the home team can be distractions for their focus early in the game. 

I don't pay detailed attention to pre season in any sport unless there is a major issue. Let the players compete, management sort out the roster and the coaches do their coaching. 

But once the season starts it's time to see just what type of team has been assembled for real. 

Three of the games in this series including today will be on MLB Extra Innings so I'll be able to see the beginning of this new era. 

I have mild optimism for a decent, competitive season with a different managerial philosophy. 

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

I prefer starting on the road too

I hate it.  I'd like to be at the stadium for the first day of the season.  Watching it on TV is fine, but it's better being there.

Seems like it's been quite a while since we've had that opportunity.  Seems to me like we had that opportunity every other year, but the last several years it seems like the Dodgers have had that privilege instead.

As much as the Taylor Ward comeback story is awesome, he is not a clean up hitter.  I still think he’s trying to regain full confidence just standing in the box, let alone hitting clean up.

But that’s why Ron makes the “kind of” big bucks.