• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network Radio: Arte about to sell?

On 2/4/2024 at 10:31 AM, Dtwncbad said:

If the Angels are really moving forward now on an ownership change, it seems most likely that the new owner would be one of the potential buyers from the last time he was going to sell.

If may part of the overall rumor is incorrect, I would bet on Cuban as the buyer being the incorrect part.

And that’s what I would hope anyway, as Cuban isn’t somebody I would be excited about as a new owner.

Cuban= Arte

Luka Doncic = Mike Trout

Brunson=Ohtani

30 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I would before Taylor, he hates rich people and thinks they're the devil. 

Well, generally speaking they kind of are. 

I mean we're talking about the uber billionaires here, not people who are successful and well-off. 

But I'm not speaking for Taylor.

40 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I would before Taylor, he hates rich people and thinks they're the devil. 

This is not true. I simply recognize that one's net worth is not equivalent to their intelligence, talent, or level of hard work.

But you still have to be somewhat smart to be a billionaire. Buying a cyber truck proves you have zero intelligence.

32 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

It would be the most Arte thing ever to reduce payroll only to just wait and sell the team mid season instead of the off-season 

As a business owner it makes no sense to add substantial debt before selling. 
They aren’t done, they’ll continue to sign guys. 

42 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'd love to see his ratings during the off-season.  I would bet there are days when there are under 100 people listening.

Yeah.  I talk to someone that swears he must have audience.   You don't know Arte, sir.  It's a propaganda machine of sorts.  See Sam Blum.... who I'm not a fan of but sheesh

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Yeah.  I talk to someone that swears he must have audience.   You don't know Arte, sir.  It's a propaganda machine of sorts.  See Sam Blum.... who I'm not a fan of but sheesh

Roger Lodge is a money laundering scheme.

Smells like a buyers market right now. With Shohei and his cast of millions gone, Mike T and Rendon contracts sucking up payroll ,  Arte's is probably going to take a significant hit from the 2.5B value. Hope I'm wrong. After years of delusional hope, my conclusion is that Arte is the Barney Fife of owners. All talk with no bullets.

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah, probably not.  If he sells it will be for more than that.

my guess is he's gonna get about 3b.  

here's some probably oversimplified fun with numbers.  The Angels operate at a loss almost every year but since they don't have to disclose their financials, who's to say that Arte and/or others in his family haven't been taking substantial bonuses or getting hefty salaries every year?   

Arte puts 20m in his pocket?  Angels go from a 10m profit to a 10m loss.  

Also seems interesting that they often claim to be operating at a loss when they have zero debt service.  

Point is, what the team looks like on the field at the time of a sale probably doesn't impact the valuation of the franchise by all that much.  

Any success on the field on a year to year basis probably just translates into straight cash into his pocket as opposed to an overall increase in franchise value.  Meaning that he probably didn't pay disney any more money because they won a world series the year before.  

You can bet that baked into the sales price is the opportunity to draw 3 million fans every year whether they're currently doing that or not.