• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will you still root for shohei?

warped

I think it will be a much needed lesson for baseball if he fails spectacularly. The imbalance between teams is becoming extreme because of money. 

The Dodgers have been respected for smart management. Trades and their farm system have been the backbone of their success. But being greedy and going into unprecedented free agent spending on Ohtani deserves karmic payback. It also contradicts what their philosophy stood for. 

I appreciated what Ohtani did on the field as a player. But never felt comfortable about the preferential treatment he got. 

He was a silent prima Donna. It was always about him and his well strategized career goals first. The team was just the supporting cast. When it came out how he mapped out the different stages and goals he wanted to achieve as he got older there was nothing about 'team' in there. Any team. Just personal  career and life objectives. And it will be intriguing watching how the Dodger organization and players adapt with him now. It will be a big change in team chemistry. 

Realistically I think he'll continue to put up big numbers as a slugger. But it's a different league now, with less familiarity. 

His two way play is really what his identity is about. But by the time he pitches, he will have been with the Dodgers for a year, and who knows what will happen before he throws his first pitch in 2025. The novelty of him as a Dodger will be over. And anything less than a championship will be a disappointment. That's the reason they got him. Other than off field income generation. 

I think it would be more fun watching him fail (as a ball player)  and have to deal with different media and people he never had to before. 

I also would like the history books to show that his best years were with the Angels. 

5 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

I also would like the history books to show that his best years were with the Angels. 

I do agree with this but I dont wish him ill will. His best years may be what he has already accomplished which is A LOT. He doesnt look as good in Dodger blue as Angel red (just saying). The only time I will root for him and the Dodgers is when they are playing an AL West team or AL Wild Card team. Definitely enjoyed him while he was here. I don't think the criticism is necessarily fair that the Angels didnt match the offer...not too many teams could or should.

Why would y'all root against perhaps the best baseball player of all time?

Do you not want to see him self actualize all of his potential from a impartial point of view as a baseball fan. He had perhaps his best years with the Halos.

I don't think he owed the Angels a damn thing...if the Angels were just flat out a better organization in a better place,  than he may have signed with them.

The Halos are not that team, just let him go and let him create his legacy.

And yes get paid a fuck ton of money....stop hating because he didn't pull a Jered Weaver or Tim Salmon. He's far from either of those guys.

9 hours ago, REDneck said:

Do you not want to see him self actualize all of his potential from a impartial point of view as a baseball fan.

That always works when your ex is now dating a more successful guy that is a jerk. Especially when they pull up in a Ferrari and your still driving a Chevey Malibu with engine problems and needs a paint job.