• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will you still root for shohei?

warped

11 hours ago, REDneck said:

Why would y'all root against perhaps the best baseball player of all time?

Do you not want to see him self actualize all of his potential from a impartial point of view as a baseball fan. He had perhaps his best years with the Halos.

I don't think he owed the Angels a damn thing...if the Angels were just flat out a better organization in a better place,  than he may have signed with them.

The Halos are not that team, just let him go and let him create his legacy.

And yes get paid a fuck ton of money....stop hating because he didn't pull a Jered Weaver or Tim Salmon. He's far from either of those guys.

Easily.  

I was hoping this would be a poll so I could subtly vote.

No, I will not root for Shohei. He's on a different team, probably the worst team he could possibly join from my perspective. 

But there is no chance I would ever root for him to get hurt. Many of these posts are pathetic. And definitely not emblematic of the many, many passionate fans that I have met over the years. 

Quickly losing respect for several posters that I though had reasonable posts over the years.

As I stated previously. He decided to leave he's a Dogg now. Good for him! I'm not wishing hateful shit on him. But, I'm also not wishing him continued MVP's...

I'm concerned by the non-movement of the Organization other than Minor League signings and some meh bullpen dudes.

Was there no Post Ohtani Plan? 

You would think, there would be a Major addition in reaction to Ohtani leaving. Unless, they had no plan beyond him coming back?

I'm heading out after the 1st of the year to start some scouting. Maybe, something will transpire after the holidays?

Peace!

I will still pull for Sho when he isnt playing against the Angels. Just because we all have team we pull for does not mean we can not be a fan of baseball and enjoy watching good players enjoy playing it. I loved watching Acuna last year doesnt mean im a Braves fan but it was fun to watch him. Tatis is fun to watch dont make me a fan of his team. Sho gave us 6 years 3 very special ones and he did it with dignity and respect to the fans and people on the feild no mater what their jobs were to him I respect that and will wish him the best of luck just not when he faces us lol. He needs a rest day when facing the Angels. 

Do some of you remember the Shohei Ohtani that played damn near every game the last 2 years in the dog days of late August and all September when some of his teammates decided to shut it down and plan for next season?

The same Shohei who potentially risked his pitching career when he elected to pitch a meaningless game for which he had no reason to pitch in because of his pure competitive nature?

The same Shohei who gave countless Angels fans and their kids memories that they will never forget?

Root for him?  Probably not, because of the team he signed with, but no one in their right mind will be “booing” him in Angels Stadium.  No way, no how.

Edited by PattyD22

5 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Do some of you remember the Shohei Ohtani that played damn near every game the last 2 years in the dog days of late August and all September when some of his teammates decided to shut it down and plan for next season?

The same Shohei who potentially risked his pitching career when he elected to pitch a meaningless game for which he had no reason to pitch in because of his pure competitive nature?

The same Shohei who gave countless Angels fans and their kids memories that they will never forget?

Root for him?  Probably not, because of the team he signed with, but no one in their right mind will be “booing” him in Angels Stadium.  No way, no how.

If some of the posters on this forum attend then he will be booed.

And, I think some will make a point to attend a Dodger game just so they can boo him.

I'm sure Ohtani will understand this and handle it with class, but at the same time there has to be a little part of him that says F you and this is why I didn't sign with the Angels. He will then proceed to hit 2HRs and the Dodgers will win the game.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I make no such pledge to be an Angels fan for life. My patience wears thin.

However as long as I remain an Angels fan there is no way I root for Ohtani.

I am been a fan of this shitty seventies,  through three good years and rest shitty 80s, back to shit 90s.

Patience is a requirement to be an true Angel fan

At least we will likely see the end of the "Tungsten Arm" BS... Sadly, it's gonna be replaced by all the "He's actually having fun playing baseball now" BS instead. While I certainly appreciate how great he is, I won't root for him because I hate the team he's on now, simple as that. I always appreciated Derek Jeter too, but I never rooted for him for the same exact reason. I suspect I'll be lightning quick with the remote to change the channel when his highlights come on for awhile. If the Halos can get back to winning someday, that will make this all a lot easier for everyone here to not care about Shohei leaving anymore.