• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SI: Angels reportedly worried about Rendon's attitude

fan_since79

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm no fan of Rendon. He's a bum, but this story is a bit thin. Still think it might be worth a comment or two.

https://www.si.com/mlb/angels/news/angels-reportedly-worried-about-anthony-rendons-attitude-ml0802

This "article" is basically just summarizing a two-week old article from The Athletic that has already been discussed here.  Sports Illustrated is complete garbage these days: https://futurism.com/sports-illustrated-ai-generated-writers

My favorite part of that "article" is the claim that the team is upset he "hasn't communicated his injuries.....to the media"...

Yes, I'm sure the Angels brass sat down and discussed their concerns that Rendon isnt telling Sam Blum about his ouchies.  That's got to be a big concern.

I doubt Blum had any part in this other than some dolt at SI decided to make shut up.  Arte Yacht stories make for more intelligent reads than this tripe.

Journalist AI is a form of high tech plagiarism.  Used by those who shouldn't be within 10 feet of a keyboard let alone writing for some news site.

Rendon is obviously thin skinned despite Moreno's selective press corp. This guy would be roasted alive by the NY media. Think Randy Johnson Hall of Famer. Grow some balls and direct this hostility towards the opposing teams.

consider the source. But, if true the team should trade for a 3baseman who is ready to play in the majors. Possibly some player who is blocked. I heard awhile back that the Cardinal's  have a prospect blocked by Arranado. Not sure if it is true as i don't know other teams prospects very well.

Believe it or not, I'm still on Team Rendon. The Angels record with him is way better than it is without him. I love that he hates the media because I too hate the media. I love that he internalizes his expressions. It's no one's business, particularly on the other team, to know if he's frustrated. Garrett Anderson was the same way. And I love that behind the poker face, he's got some serious fire in him. 

I was at a Spring Training game last March. I sat out in the RF bleachers in the second row. It was exciting to see all the players walk by and how excited they were to interact with the young fans. I saw Logan O'Hoppe sign some kid's D'backs hat. The kid, who was probably 9 or 10 years old at best was absolutely ecstatic he got a big league player to sign his hat, even if it wasn't a guy who played for his team. O'Hoppe probably made a fan for life right there. However I saw Rendon walking in probably a few minutes before first pitch with some woman. Either his wife, family member or someone with the Angels org. However kids begged him for his autograph and he didn't even give them a look. 

52 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

I was at a Spring Training game last March. I sat out in the RF bleachers in the second row. It was exciting to see all the players walk by and how excited they were to interact with the young fans. I saw Logan O'Hoppe sign some kid's D'backs hat. The kid, who was probably 9 or 10 years old at best was absolutely ecstatic he got a big league player to sign his hat, even if it wasn't a guy who played for his team. O'Hoppe probably made a fan for life right there. However I saw Rendon walking in probably a few minutes before first pitch with some woman. Either his wife, family member or someone with the Angels org. However kids begged him for his autograph and he didn't even give them a look. 

@Stradling Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

My three wishes as we entered the off season:

1. Ohtani stays with the halos
2. Arte sells the team
3. Rendon retires

I mentioned I would happily take one of them.  

It would actually kinda piss me off if Arte declined on bringing Shohei back and then decides to sell.  Wouldn't that be one last FU

F U Arte for the past 8 seasons!

Thank you for not giving $700 million to a guy who may never pitch that well again.

Any job you have you get paid to do that job. If you are unhappy with-it u can quit. Just think getting 38 mill and having an attitude. Just get in best shape you can and to the best of your ability do your job. Injuries happen but even while hurt you can help teammates sign an autograph. 38 mill just do you job. Please Arte no more long-term deals.