• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bobby Valentine: Perry was set to trade Ohtani at deadline, Arte stopped him

Taylor

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I did point out that it was interesting that his deal with the Dodgers is contingent on the current ownership and Fredman remaining in place. Additionally Arte runs his team off of the annual budget religiously and has never taken on debt to fund the team. The deal with the Dodgers and all the deferred money, which will ultimately need to be paid when Ohtani is no longer on the team, is something Arte would hate.

Do you think Arte will still be owning the team at 87?

There's no way around what we already know: Arte Moreno is a disaster and as long as he owns the Angels, their chances of becoming a legit franchise are dminished. He's a terrible owner - the worst traits of George Steinbrenner without most of the good stuff. The Mexican version of Peter Angelos.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Safe to say Bobby is done on the Angels telecasts.  Maybe they can hire this replacement.  

IMG_4225.jpeg

Yep, agree. it's too bad I actually like Bobby. 

BTW: loved that George Costanza moment it was awesome had me laughing….

Everything in Men's Style Right Now is About Seinfeld – Put This On

30 minutes ago, mmc said:

I have zero problems with this.  I think it's stupid that Arte potentially blocked a trade of Ohtani, but I don't have an issue with him not going up to the $700M offer.  Still think the Angels are better off without him, and don't give a shit that he went to the Dodgers. 

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I have zero problems with this.  I think it's stupid that Arte potentially blocked a trade of Ohtani, but I don't have an issue with him not going up to the $700M offer.  Still think the Angels are better off without him, and don't give a shit that he went to the Dodgers. 

Well, yeah, where do you live?

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I did point out that it was interesting that his deal with the Dodgers is contingent on the current ownership and Fredman remaining in place. Additionally Arte runs his team off of the annual budget religiously and has never taken on debt to fund the team. The deal with the Dodgers and all the deferred money, which will ultimately need to be paid when Ohtani is no longer on the team, is something Arte would hate.

What is the likelihood Arte would still be alive when the contract ended? 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

There's no way around what we already know: Arte Moreno is a disaster and as long as he owns the Angels, their chances of becoming a legit franchise are dminished. He's a terrible owner - the worst traits of George Steinbrenner without most of the good stuff. The Mexican version of Peter Angelos.

Peter Angelose