• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you all really have been happy trading Ohtani for prospects?

Hubs

5 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

This is why they almost feel like they they may not sign a QO fa. As of now they get an 8, 38 and 70 ish. Possibility of infusing some talent. 

Seeing as how Perry is pretty damn good at using early round picks, I’m hoping they hold onto ‘em. Especially if they’re in position to sign a big name next year (losing another pick again).

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes they should have traded Ohtani after the WBC. The writing was on the wall.

I still can't get over Artes 180 and deciding bot to sell. The only thing that made sense was that he had some sort of indication locking Ohtani up was going to happen. I assumed that would be his parting shot. Locked him up, appeased the fans, added value to the final sell, etc.

And lol.... instead we lose Ohtani and keep Arte.... sigh 

Saw a report today that the Giants also agreed to Ohtani's deal of 10/700 with 680M being deferred...

Would be interesting to see if the Halos were offered the same deal?

Since we paid him 30M last year plus his endorsements he earned... it looks like we were not.

Either Arte was only offering cash today and during the deal with No deferred money.

Or

Ohtani didn't offer the same opportunity to the Halos.

no, i wouldn't have been happy about it at all.

i think a lot of those saying it today are reacting to where he signed more than anything else.

they should've built around ohtani with him as the centerpiece. he should've been an angel for life.

It would have been the smart baseball move and there were quite a few here saying as such.  We don’t know what was or would have been offered so it’s not fair to assume they wouldn’t have gotten 2 top prospects for him at the 2023 deadline.  But they should have considered trading him sooner than that.

55 minutes ago, cals said:

It would have been the smart baseball move and there were quite a few here saying as such.  We don’t know what was or would have been offered so it’s not fair to assume they wouldn’t have gotten 2 top prospects for him at the 2023 deadline.  But they should have considered trading him sooner than that.

💯

Top 10 clubs do not trade their stars for Prospects. Angels want to be a top 10 club, but they're not.

When was the last time the Dodgers, Braves, Yankees, Red Sox traded their star player for prospects who were any good? The Red Sox got nothing for Betts. The Mets trades last year of their two expensive pitchers netted a nice return, but thats also cuz they were so far over the tax line, they were trying to get under the huge penalty line.