• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani signs with the Dodgers (10 years, $700 million)

mmc

Great the team with thd highest payroll in baseball and Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, Clayton Kershaw, Max Muncy, Walker Buehler etc. gets the best player of our generation. 

Baseball has become less and less fun to watch over the past 5-10 years but this kinds of seals it. Feels a lot like Kevin Durant to the Golden State warriors. Super lame of him to take the easy route and chase the money, in my opinion. And I get that he deserved to make his own choice, but damn. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m going to get shit on for this, but there is NO way in hell he will be worth that. None. 

I remember folks disagreeing with me when I said he'd get at least $50M/year, and $500M+. So you're probably not going to get shit for this.

For $70M/year, I consider this a bullet dodged.

15 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

I wish nothing but the absolute worst for him for the remainder of his career

9 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Fuck that Guy he is dead to me . Mf shit on the Angels after they bent over backwards for him his whole career 

9 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Completely agree. Fuck him. 

6 minutes ago, full circle said:

Sayonara Dick head.  Dodger fans will get to enjoy watching him strike out falling out of the batters box with the game on the line. 

Nice to see who the absolute children on the board are.  Lol at being big mad at someone who signed by far the most lucrative contract in baseball history.  Grow up, babies.

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

If that's true Im going to lose my shit.

Absolutely no way should a team be able to give a dude a $700 mil contract and defer their luxury tax hit til fucking 2040 or whatever. Teams will be doing this with every deal after this.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I remember folks disagreeing with me when I said he'd get at least $50M/year, and $500M+. So you're probably not going to get shit for this.

For $70M/year, I consider this a bullet dodged.

The details will come out eventually, but it seems like it will essentially be considerably less than 70 mil/yr, if "most" of his salary is being deferred.

Obviously Arte was never going to remotely approach this figure.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If that's true Im going to lose my shit.

Absolutely no way should a team be able to give a dude a $700 mil contract and defer their luxury tax hit til fucking 2040 or whatever. Teams will be doing this with every deal after this.

I suspect this will be an issue in future labor contracts, if the Dodgers give him a 10 year, 700 million contract that ends up being like a 25mil AAV deal because he's being mainly paid in like the year 2080.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

The details will come out eventually, but it seems like it will essentially be considerably less than 70 mil/yr, if "most" of his salary is being deferred.

Obviously Arte was never going to remotely approach this figure.

Yes, but it is $700M and 10 years, so not matter how they wiggle around, it is $70M a year.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

How do you defer MOST of 700M?  His grandkids will be getting checks from the Dodgers in 2100?

He's still a young guy. No reason they couldnt defer $400 mill over the 20 or 30 years following his retirement. Drag it out long enough and you are looking at $10-$20 mill per year hitting their luxury tax number in 2050.