• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani signs with the Dodgers (10 years, $700 million)

mmc

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

I swear to God that if Shohei had signed here, no matter what the price, the people here saying things like, "He is dead to me", or he can, "Go f*** off", would be singing an entirely different tune about how much they love him for being so loyal, blah, blah, blah.

At least stay consistent, FFS.

I'm actually happy he didn't stay here for a mountain of money. $700 million saved will buy a lot of pitching, etc.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm actually glad he signed with the Dodgers. I can still see him play whenever I want, and generally watch a better played baseball game. Also the fan experience is significantly better, and I'll even save time in traffic to boot.

Stop being glad that the Angels lost Ohtani and the franchise is in ruins.

14 minutes ago, cals said:

Totally.  Not trading him was the biggest mistake this joke of org has made since…Rendon?

The part that bothers me about that is he went on record as saying he didn't want to be traded.  Whether or not that made the Angels believe he wanted to stick around who knows -- but that's the part that chaps me most.

I don't know what they would have been able to get for him, but Im betting it stood to be more useful than the compensation pick.

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

I swear to God that if Shohei had signed here, no matter what the price, the people here saying things like, "He is dead to me", or he can, "Go f*** off", would be singing an entirely different tune about how much they love him for being so loyal, blah, blah, blah.

At least stay consistent, FFS.

If the Angels had signed him for $700 million, I would not have been in favor.  He won’t even be worth half that. 

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

The part that bothers me about that is he went on record as saying he didn't want to be traded.  Whether or not that made the Angels believe he wanted to stick around who knows -- but that's the part that chaps me most.

I don't know what they would have been able to get for him, but Im betting it stood to be as useful as the compensation pick.

Of course he’s gonna say that, it’s good marketing.  If the Angels read anything into that, then they’re re….  not smart. 

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't know what they would have been able to get for him, but Im betting it stood to be more useful than the compensation pick.

100% this

We should have traded him and kept the youngsters

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ohtani got $700 mil and is laughing at guys like you who thought he loved the Angels "so much".    It's a business Chad.

14 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Alright folks ,

back to our loser franchise 

those here who have done for 35+ years and just have 2002 to look back on, idk how you do it 

this is miserable, but I’m here for it 

Just remember...  no matter how shitty being an Angels fan may be -- reminding Dodger fans that the only CA team to win a full season WS this century plays in Anaheim makes for hilarity.

The destination that made the most sense in the end. He gets to stay where he's been at the past 6 years where he's comfortable, but gets to play for an actual MLB team now. Wish he didn't end up there but can't blame him. Should have plenty of chances for playoff exposure and a shot at a WS yearly

Dude was awesome to watch but there's a very real possibility here that the Angels already clearly got his best two-way seasons. He's coming off his 2nd TJS, and is turning 30 during next season. Not sure how much longer you can expect him to give you elite production as both a hitter and pitcher well into his 30's. In the end, we're talking about giving $700M to a full time DH

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Of Ohtani's 6 seasons with the Angels, how many have been worth $70 million?

Beyond the scope of my knowledge, but given that the Dodgers are run by a corporation (not an individual), I am guessing their finance and marketing team have determined that they can market Shohei and outearn the 70 mil per year salary.  Teams run by corporations typically don't make emotional decisions, but rather financially-backed ones.

I have no problems with this.  It’ll be cool having him still in socal and watching the ohtani crazy circus.  Fun stuff.

maybe this gets Arte to change finally (lol yeah right)

if he blows/sucks, then lol for some other team being stupid for once.  

But really at that price, even 550, it’s absurd.  I’m just glad the Angels didn’t make the mistake.  We got him for his great years.  Let someone else have the leftover crumbs ala AP.