• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So we blame Arte?

Hubs

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You do understand that creating or continuing narratives creates clicks right?  You actually think Arte is looking at the manager free agent list, working the phones, getting to know these guys?  If Buck is hired then it could be an Arte decision.  But it could also be Perry wanting Buck based on their past. If any first time manager is hired then the narrative will switch from “Arte being involved in the manager search” to “Arte is too cheap and wants a puppet manager”. This shit is too easy to write and predict. 

I think it's pretty clear Maddon was Arte's pick.

3 hours ago, mmc said:

You're right, and I have no idea why people make this mistake as much as they do.  I get why people don't like him and I think it's incredibly fair to criticize the way the organization as a whole is operated, but no, he does not oversee or have anything to do with baseball ops.

image.png

If Carpino is in charge of "Buttercup", then he absolutely IS to blame. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

My understanding of Carpino is he isn’t involved in baseball decisions, unless I am wrong on that front.  So if he is only there for business decisions for the marketing or the brand or whatever then while he doesn’t help the front office, his impact doesn’t affect the team as much as some might think. Would it be nice if he was a baseball guy, sure, but then there would still be a Carpino type of guy in the system somewhere to do what he does on the business side of things.  

A POBO is overdue.

whoever was responsible for the ideology of trying to keep the major league club marketable and competitive on a year to year basis at the expense of other things like resources to scouting and player development

whoever created a convoluted org structure where leadership didn't seem appropriately defined.

that's who I want gone if they're not already.  It seems pretty obvious to me that it would be Arte and his sidekick but who knows.  

Actually I don't think any of the things you guys have been discussing are Arte's biggest problem.  I think he made a mistake by not discussing publicly his decision making.  The man is most likely far smarter than many of you give him credit for.  But he will never get any empathy from the fan base if he doesn't open up more about the decisions he has made, admit some were mistakes he didn't see coming, and does not make a attempt to publicly explain himself.  Public communication isn't his strong suit, never was and never probably will be.   So the void gets filled by many Debbie Downers, and Conspiracy Theorists.  In his earlier days he was much more communicative.  Some of it got misinterpreted, and he seems to have soured on the idea of stepping up now and changing his stance of letting his employees speak for themselves.  Really that's his prerogative, he can do whatever he wants as the owner, just as much as you can do whatever you want with the things that you own.  I would love to hear more directly from him of his beliefs regarding his baseball ownership, what motivates him to keep moving forward with it, and so forth.  Maybe he will write a book someday about it, if and when he moves on, but I kind of doubt it.  About the one biggest upside from a possible new owner would be that he/she might be more communicative about their plans and objectives.

It's rather interesting that when posters on here talk about new owners it immediately turns to "how wealthy is the possible new owner", and will they actually spend unlimited funds from their personal wealth to make it success happen regardless of what what it might mean to them personally.  If they are going to be a team owner, they will all be involved in one way or another just like all the other owners.  It would seem more useful to me is to ask "what can they bring to the table" to achieve success in decision making in baseball.

image.jpeg