• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So we blame Arte?

Hubs

After defending Maddon yesterday (except I agreed on his wacky defensive alignments) and calling out Perry, I suppose I am in the minority.

Just to be sure I am not against the grain in the future, we don't like:

Arte

Carpino

Maddon

Wise

Roger Lodge

and do Like

Minasian (still don't understand why, except he's drafted well)

Bullpen Matrixes

Analytics being the only thing to use to manage games

Gil

And are ambivalent about 

Thames

Nevin

Just checking...

21 minutes ago, Hubs said:

After defending Maddon yesterday (except I agreed on his wacky defensive alignments) and calling out Perry, I suppose I am in the minority.

Arte

Carpino

Maddon

Wise

Roger Lodge

and do Like

Bullpen Matrixes

Gil

And are ambivalent about 

Thames

Nevin

Just checking...

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

39 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Arte

Carpino

Maddon

Wise

Roger Lodge

and do Like

Bullpen Matrixes

Gil

And are ambivalent about 

Thames

Nevin

Just checking...

No

My understanding of Carpino is he isn’t involved in baseball decisions, unless I am wrong on that front.  So if he is only there for business decisions for the marketing or the brand or whatever then while he doesn’t help the front office, his impact doesn’t affect the team as much as some might think. Would it be nice if he was a baseball guy, sure, but then there would still be a Carpino type of guy in the system somewhere to do what he does on the business side of things.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My understanding of Carpino is he isn’t involved in baseball decisions, unless I am wrong on that front.  So if he is only there for business decisions for the marketing or the brand or whatever then while he doesn’t help the front office, his impact doesn’t affect the team as much as some might think. Would it be nice if he was a baseball guy, sure, but then there would still be a Carpino type of guy in the system somewhere to do what he does on the business side of things.  

You're right, and I have no idea why people make this mistake as much as they do.  I get why people don't like him and I think it's incredibly fair to criticize the way the organization as a whole is operated, but no, he does not oversee or have anything to do with baseball ops.

image.png

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

You're right, and I have no idea why people make this mistake as much as they do.  I get why people don't like him and I think it's incredibly fair to criticize the way the organization as a whole is operated, but no, he does not oversee or have anything to do with baseball ops.

According to that same web page Minasian oversees all aspects of baseball ops and we know that isn't true.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

image.png

I am sure he is involved in hiring the GM but as we most agree the GM hasn’t been the problem it is oversight from Arte that is the problem.  Now if Carpino is the one that makes the decisions that impact the minor leagues or how baseball money is spent on analytics and scouting, then that would fall on him, but I don’t know if that is the case.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It’s probably true, but owners and budget always exist.  

Also Arte will be involved in the manager search, and Nevin's firing was "collaborative" between Minasian and Arte.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Also Arte will be involved in the manager search, and Nevin's firing was "collaborative" between Minasian and Arte.

Yes.  Are you under the impression that owners aren’t involved in manager hiring and firing in other organizations?  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes.  Are you under the impression that owners aren’t involved in manager hiring and firing in other organizations?  

Are you under the impression that "oversees all aspects of baseball operations" doesn't include hiring a field manager?

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you under the impression that "oversees all aspects of baseball operations" doesn't include hiring a field manager?

Have you ever had a job where you oversaw something, made all decisions, but had to run some of those decisions by someone?  That is the real world. 

Arte is a Piece O' Garbage, and he openly supports other Pieces Of Garbage.  He also likes to do shady stuff, and openly supports others who do shady and illegal stuff.

He gets away with it, because he has $$$$$$$$$, and he gets away with destroying this franchise because he owns it due to his $$$$$$$$$.

I won't attend another game in person while this douchebag owns the team.  Regardless of how well they are playing, but since they've been playing like garbage for the better part of a decade, I don't need to worry about missing anything.

I'm sure he's not sweating my opinion of him, but I'll still feel the way I do.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Have you ever had a job where you oversaw something, made all decisions, but had to run some of those decisions by someone?  That is the real world. 

I can see running it up the chain for approval but that's not what we're talking about. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You don’t know that. 

What Angels' brass wants from next manager

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-look-for-next-manager-after-parting-ways-with-phil-nevin

Minasian, who is heading into the last season of his four-year deal, inherited Joe Maddon as skipper and hired Nevin last offseason after he served in an interim role. Nevin signed just a one-year deal with an option, but the new manager is expected to get a longer contract, as Nevin’s was unusual and came with the club up for sale at the time. But Moreno took the club off the market and will be involved in the managerial search with Minasian.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

What Angels' brass wants from next manager

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-look-for-next-manager-after-parting-ways-with-phil-nevin

Minasian, who is heading into the last season of his four-year deal, inherited Joe Maddon as skipper and hired Nevin last offseason after he served in an interim role. Nevin signed just a one-year deal with an option, but the new manager is expected to get a longer contract, as Nevin’s was unusual and came with the club up for sale at the time. But Moreno took the club off the market and will be involved in the managerial search with Minasian.

You do understand that creating or continuing narratives creates clicks right?  You actually think Arte is looking at the manager free agent list, working the phones, getting to know these guys?  If Buck is hired then it could be an Arte decision.  But it could also be Perry wanting Buck based on their past. If any first time manager is hired then the narrative will switch from “Arte being involved in the manager search” to “Arte is too cheap and wants a puppet manager”. This shit is too easy to write and predict.