• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NL MVP

happybat4

We know Shohei has locked up MVP, but who wins NL? I know Acuna has the fancy 40 HR SB thing, but what Mookie has done playing 3 different premium positions is pretty remarkable as well. Mookie has a slight lead in BWAR and FWAR, to me it's a toss up. 

I'd give Mookie the edge because of his versatility, but either winning seems fine.

6 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Pretty sure it's Freddie Freeman.

Dude has 100+ RBI's, almost 60 doubles, going to the playoffs.

Too bad he has to look at that wife of his who likes plastic surgery way too much. Yeesh.

I love Freeman--but he is clearly not even having the best season on his own team. 

Also, your continued commentary on the looks of who players and on-air personalities are dating or married to is weird and gross. Get a life. 

6 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

It's Acuna and deservedly so. I get the argument for Betts and all but Acuna just put up the first ever 40/70. He will win it.

I definitely agree it's special, but you don't give away awards just because somebody is the first. End of the day they both have a 1.000 OPS. Acuna steals more bases, but Mookie plays much better defense and also plays short stop and second base which makes that OPS more impressive.

59 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

40+ HR's is a fantastic season. 70 steals is an amazing season. 40 / 70? Bloody hell! It will be a travesty if he doesn't win MVP having done that.

Yes it's fantastic, but what that have to do with winning MVP. Betts has the same OPS and plays much better defense.

1 hour ago, happybat4 said:

Yes it's fantastic, but what that have to do with winning MVP. Betts has the same OPS and plays much better defense.

It’s the same as Cabrera and trout in 2012 and to a lesser degree judge and ohtani last year. If you do something unprecedented before or set some sort of milestone, you’re going to win 

4 hours ago, happybat4 said:

I definitely agree it's special, but you don't give away awards just because somebody is the first. End of the day they both have a 1.000 OPS. Acuna steals more bases, but Mookie plays much better defense and also plays short stop and second base which makes that OPS more impressive.

Sure, my response was what is going to happen. The voters DO like things of that nature; i.e. Cabrera beating Trout because of the Triple Crown. Acuna is going to win NL MVP and I don't think it's going to be that close either.

1 hour ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Sure, my response was what is going to happen. The voters DO like things of that nature; i.e. Cabrera beating Trout because of the Triple Crown. Acuna is going to win NL MVP and I don't think it's going to be that close either.

I agree with you. I also think Acuna is going to win because the whole 40/70 thing. But it's really a toss up who the better player is between Betts and Acuna.

Should be Acuna.  Nerds pushing stuff like WAR cracks me up.  Watch the games.

Betts is more "white-friendly" to the writers, who are mostly white and in their 50s and 60s.

Acuna will be penalized for his swagger.  The out-of-touch writers don't like that.

So virgins who spend their Friday nights calculating WAR and the writers who don't like non-American players and their swagger will penalize Acuna.

It's why the players and managers should vote for MVP.