• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Egypt

Yep, the US government has already been heavily involved in Egypt.  I don't know if the main stream media has covered it but the US is heavily funding/arming al quada throughout the Middle East.  The US government put Morsi in power and will do everything it can to make sure the brotherhood maintains control.

What are you talking about?

Don't you remember a month ago when McCain visited al qaeda militants and promised money and weapons to assist in their terror campaign in Syria?  You can even watch this sh*t on C-SPAN, the government doesn't even try to deny it anymore.  Guess who is primarily backing Morsi and the terror campaign in Egypt?  You guessed it.

This isn't anything new, the government openly admits they funded bin laden in the 80's.  The US gov. has been on the wrong side of global revolutions far too often.  They propped up Mubarak for 30 something years, giving him $60 BILLION tax payer money to fund the Egyptian military.  Then, they armed Egyptian rebels to put Morsi in power.  This is never ending hypocrisy and the only reasonable explanation of why the US is a target by the Middle East.

A) We aren't arming Al Qaeda.  In fact, Al Qaeda makes up about 10-15% of the Syrian Rebels.

B) Terror campaign?

C) Who's to say Morsi is a terrorist?  I actually think he did a decent job.

It's common knowledge that the US government heavily funded bin laden in the 80's during the Russia/Afghan conflict.  The rebels in Syria are very close allies with al qaeda.  You can bet that that money and those weapons are going to end up in al qaeda's hands, the government isn't that stupid and knows that.  

Al qaeda thugs have even put out videos saying that they are going to use the US gift weapons against American citizens.  One needs to decide if they are going to trust the news prepared by the US gov. or the news that the rest of the world reports.  For me, the government has been caught lying so often that I put zero credibility in what they say.

Incorrect.  The vast majority of Syrian Rebels are apart of the FSA which is largely composed of Syrians fighting for their country.  Not AQ.

I never said that the majority was AQ.  AQ is part of the movement and is an ally with the majority.  You give weapons to the rebels, you give weapons to AQ.  The government openly admits to creating/funding AQ directly anyway so it is a moot point.

I don't necessarily agree with that assessment.  The FSA generally stays separated from AQ factions (see the killing of an FSA leader by AQ this week).

I'm not a huge fan of sending weapons only because I don't think it will help enough unless AAM's are sent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you remember a month ago when McCain visited al qaeda militants and promised money and weapons to assist in their terror campaign in Syria?  You can even watch this sh*t on C-SPAN, the government doesn't even try to deny it anymore.  Guess who is primarily backing Morsi and the terror campaign in Egypt?  You guessed it.

This isn't anything new, the government openly admits they funded bin laden in the 80's.  The US gov. has been on the wrong side of global revolutions far too often.  They propped up Mubarak for 30 something years, giving him $60 BILLION tax payer money to fund the Egyptian military.  Then, they armed Egyptian rebels to put Morsi in power.  This is never ending hypocrisy and the only reasonable explanation of why the US is a target by the Middle East.

The problem is there is rarely the right side of these revolutions to be on. It's either been strong armed dictators who build their fortunes off the people, religious fundamentalists or both. 

Exactly.  That's why America should GTFO and stop fueling the fire around the entire planet.

That is often the wrong move too. When we don't support a side and they win they hate us as well.

Also there is a lot of interesting reading about when super powers don't step up and assert their dominance it leads to a power vacuum which can be even more deadly and costly to the world and to the country that is the super power. I forget who it was but there was a great article about the U.S.'s failure to assert its dominance after WWI was a major contributing factor to WWII happening.

I will also add that this administration has gotten far less involved in the middle east than any President since Reagan at least. He has done a pretty good job staying on the sidelines WRT much of the turmoil and has stayed out of Syria much longer than most would have.