• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst organization in professional sports

Taylor

58 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The A’s. 

Except the A's have made the postseason six out of the last twelve years, all while consistently having one of the lowest payrolls in baseball.

Meaning, the A's are a more successful team than the Angels while having a payroll that is literally a fraction of the Angels'. Hard to call them a worse organization...at least they have smart baseball people in the front office.

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Except the A's have made the postseason six out of the last twelve years, all while consistently having one of the lowest payrolls in baseball.

Meaning, the A's are a more successful team than the Angels while having a payroll that is literally a fraction of the Angels'. Hard to call them a worse organization...at least they have smart baseball people in the front office.

I’ll tell their fans. Maybe 5000 will show up to a game. 

I still say the Dan Snyder redskins/commanders were solidly worse than the angels under Arte have ever been and also probably the wilpon Mets.  Arte is probably getting close to the Wilpons territory and I’ll hear arguements that he’s as shitty as some of baseballs perennial fucking loser franchises - the pirates, the reds, the royals, the orioles etc.  but we’re still not on Dan Snyder’s level and not quite Wilpons. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

The A’s already have a plan for greatness. Vegas will be amazing for them.  I could tolerate 120 loss season between now and then if I’m an A’s fan.  

I’d be a season ticket holder there for sure.  

I'm waiting to see what the prices are going to be. I'm ready for this to happen.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’ll tell their fans. Maybe 5000 will show up to a game. 

I don't equate "worst" with "least popular." In truth, I don't give two shites how popular the Angels are, except as that impacts the quality of the team they field.

The A's prove that you don't need to spend a ton of money to be a competitive franchise. They suck now, but they embrace the natural cycle of things: suck for a few years, be good for a few years. I do think the franchise is slowly going down, but it has still been better than the Angels, while spending a fraction of the money.

For me the "worst organizations" are those that spend a lot of money and still don't reach the postseason. The Angels are arguably the worst in that regard, at least over the last eight years.