• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Ohtani play in 2024?

T.G.

Where will Ohtani sign/play in 2024?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Shohei Ohtani sign with this off season?

I am going with the Angels.

It makes no sense for the Angels to sign him. They need to keep the DH spot open for Trout/Rendon. They have 8 straight losing seasons, including Ohtani’s entire MLB career. They don’t have a manager or a plan. The majority of their roster are under 30 and should be focusing on a rebuild.

Because it makes zero sense, Arte is going to go all in and out pay and, probably overpay, everyone to keep him.  Big splash and all that jazz.

With so much doubt around Ohtani's pitching future, I will be amazed if anyone offers him anywhere near a half billion dollars. He has a dodgy UCL and is facing a very great possibility of a second TJ procedure, at just age 29. It would be a reckless gamble to offer any pitcher with that profile a long term deal, let alone a record breaking one.

I can see him signing a 2 year, 'prove you're still a pitcher', deal with the Angels.

2 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

With so much doubt around Ohtani's pitching future, I will be amazed if anyone offers him anywhere near a half billion dollars. He has a dodgy UCL and is facing a very great possibility of a second TJ procedure, at just age 29. It would be a reckless gamble to offer any pitcher with that profile a long term deal, let alone a record breaking one.

I can see him signing a 2 year, 'prove you're still a pitcher', deal with the Angels.

He already had the procedure done. The real question is would he be in danger of a third career ender?

On 9/16/2023 at 11:26 AM, Inside Pitch said:

I have it on good authority that the Angels plan to play clips from all the Fast and Furious movies where Dominic Torreto talks about family on the scoreboard during the Angels final home game.  No way Ohtani can walk away after that.

They might as well play Olive Garden commercials for all the good that the "family" angle will do them. 

Not sure if I saw this posted anywhere, but ouch! if true.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/10/08/major-league-baseball-managers-grossly-underpaid/71106218007/

The Tampa Bay Rays were among the teams who were aggressively seeking Shohei Ohtani at the trade deadline, and were willing to offer three of their top 10 prospects, including top prospect Junior Caminero.”

Also I’ll say Tampa if not the Angels.

Edited by totdprods

On 10/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, totdprods said:

Not sure if I saw this posted anywhere, but ouch! if true.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/10/08/major-league-baseball-managers-grossly-underpaid/71106218007/

The Tampa Bay Rays were among the teams who were aggressively seeking Shohei Ohtani at the trade deadline, and were willing to offer three of their top 10 prospects, including top prospect Junior Caminero.”

Also I’ll say Tampa if not the Angels.

We are Schleprock

dVND44h.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...