• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Ohtani play in 2024?

T.G.

Where will Ohtani sign/play in 2024?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Shohei Ohtani sign with this off season?

I think Seattle is possible. Certainly not a lock, or even the favorite. But they have a history with Ichiro which Ohtani must know in detail. Also west coast, though weather is not as ideal as SoCal.

And they are playoff contending and he would take them a lot further in the next few years. They already have a big offensive star so it would mimic the Trout/Ohtani dynamic. 

But obviously with the inscrutable Ohtani, he could go anywhere. Including staying with the Angels if he's happy overall, gets the contract he wants and recognizes that injuries are the real reason this season has imploded.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

But obviously with the inscrutable Ohtani, he could go anywhere. Including staying with the Angels if he's happy overall, gets the contract he wants and recognizes that injuries are the real reason this season has imploded.

This injury excuse is laughable.  What about in 2022?  Or 2021?  Or 2020?  Or 2019?  The Angels must have really bad injuries on a yearly basis, because they're soon to be at a decade since they made a playoff appearance.  They've been in the Playoffs ONCE in 14 Seasons, and they got swept 3-0 when they did.

The Angels will be lucky to get any quality player to play here, let alone Ohtani.

4 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

I think Seattle is possible. Certainly not a lock, or even the favorite. But they have a history with Ichiro which Ohtani must know in detail. Also west coast, though weather is not as ideal as SoCal.

And they are playoff contending and he would take them a lot further in the next few years. They already have a big offensive star so it would mimic the Trout/Ohtani dynamic. 

That is the way that I voted. Seattle has a long history with Japanese players (even before Ichiro), and at one time they had Japanese ownership (don't know if that is still the case)

I think he'll end up with the Dodgers. If there is every a team that seems to be, at least over the last 5-10 years, in post season contention and consistent with their analytics, player development, etc. its the Dodgers. They've got a massive fanbase, he can stay in SoCal and he'll likely be playing for a perennial contender. 

If not the Dodgers, I think Seattle and SF are the two likely landings spots. Both west coast teams, SF has a massive Asian population and he could be the face that brings them back into contention. Seattle just seems like a dark horse. 

I hope he stays in Anaheim, and I think we are a top 2 landing spot for him, unfortunately IMO it doesn't feel like we'll be #1. If there is any truth to the rumor that came out last week that the Angels will try to accommodate Trout if he asks for a trade; I don't see us committing the money and years to Ohtani in that situation, I see a full blown rebuild. 

I voted Giants, but after yesterdays events I wouldn't be surprised if SO already has a locker at the latrine.

If he's having the surgery now, would he not still dress and be on the bench with the team?

Edited by REDneck

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I have it on good authority that the Angels plan to play clips from all the Fast and Furious movies where Dominic Torreto talks about family on the scoreboard during the Angels final home game.  No way Ohtani can walk away after that.

Man, the Angels are dumb enough that they might actually do this.  Plz.  Surely some of the Arte minions are here.  Don’t give them any ideas. 

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I have it on good authority that the Angels plan to play clips from all the Fast and Furious movies where Dominic Torreto talks about family on the scoreboard during the Angels final home game.  No way Ohtani can walk away after that.

And then the rally monkey appears.