• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Despised Angels

7 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Hollins was awesome. He provided lots of free baseballs to anyone in the stands near 1B. 

Nobody ever went out of his way to impede a young player harder than Hollins did with Troy Glaus. Dude actively tried to undermine him, admitted it when he was called out on it by management, and flat out told them he wasn't going to stop doing it.

But free baseballs!

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nobody ever went out of his way to impede a young player harder than Hollins did with Troy Glaus. Dude actively tried to undermine him, admitted it when he was called out on it by management, and flat out told them he wasn't going to stop doing it.

But free baseballs!

I was being sarcastic.

I legit remember ducking around 1B a few times when he'd make that erratic throw from 3B. 

13 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I was being sarcastic.

I legit remember ducking around 1B a few times when he'd make that erratic throw from 3B. 

Yeah, don't think I've ever heard you sing his praises.  I just like pointing out how big of a douchebag that guy was.

Bowa and Collins absolutely LOVED him.

30 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I remember going to a game as a kid. People in the RF stands started throwing coins at him. He turned around, waved at the fans and picked up every coin and put them in his pocket.

I remember my Dad telling me that's story. Not sure if he was there too, or just heard about it.

13 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Yeah, him and Jason Dickson

Jason Dickson and what happened to him is big reason why I hate Terry Collins.  People love to call out the Angels for what they believe is poor management/training, bad behavior these days but it all pales when compared to what they did to him. Jason Dickson was made out to be a pussy by Collins/Bowa and the rest of the red asses until they broke him.

Dickson led all Angels minor leaguers in innings (185), before being called up late in the year (96), and tossing another 43 innings for a total of 228 innings as a 23 year old.  Dickson then led winter ball in innings, then led the Angels pitchers in ST innings (at this point it was estimated he had thrown over 350 innings in the calendar year) .. He then goes on to throw 203 innings at the MLB level (most on the Angels staff that season), as a 24 year old.  The next season he comes back into ST complaining of shoulder pain. Collins and company tell him to stop being soft and throw his way out of it.  His pitching coach tells him they should maybe sit him down given his previous work load but he gets told to stop babying him, so Dickson keeps throwing.  The pain gets worse as the year goes on but Terry Collins just thinks he's bitch, almost says as much publicly.  When his velocity drops he tells him he's not doing enough work between starts. So Dickson starts to overthrow, sees his velocity rise and his effectiveness completely disappear until one day he has no feeling in his fingers.

When they finally opened up his shoulder, Yocum said it was the worst thing he had ever seen, that he couldn't even tell it was a human body, that it looked like hand grenade had gone off inside. 

Next up...  Ken Hill...  

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Kevin Jepsen

Ernesto Frieri

Jordan Walden

Aaron Loup

Frieri recently found out he's having a baby boy, jokingly said he was going to name him Miguel Ohtadaniel Frieri, after Mike Trout and Shoehei Ohtani.

Say what you will, he's still feels a connection to the Angels.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:18 PM, Inside Pitch said:

LOL, I feel like I helped you hate him.   My God did that guy tick me off.  Dumbest pitcher in Angels history.  Omar Olivares was a close second, but at least he tapped into his talent for a time.

When they got him, I was pretty excited about the possibilities. But then he would just walk in from the pen like he was doing all of us a favor, and then throw like a moron. You helped explain some of the unseen things about him and his attitude and his performance, so I owe you a big thank you for that. 

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

When they got him, I was pretty excited about the possibilities. But then he would just walk in from the pen like he was doing all of us a favor, and then throw like a moron. You helped explain some of the unseen things about him and his attitude and his performance, so I owe you a big thank you for that. 

The important thing was you disliked him at hello.  This was the correct reaction to have.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:50 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I was at that game.  It was soul crushing.  I’m still not sure 2002 erased that.  But it’s a game.   That was a tragic outcome. 

I don’t hate Donnie Moore for anything he did on the field.

It was maybe the shooting his wife three times with a .45 before killing himself that bugs me just a little.

On 8/25/2023 at 12:47 PM, Support The Local Team said:

It was a good pitch. 

Yep, low enough and Henderson still hit it out.

Still tied it up in the bottom of the 9th.

The mistake was letting Moore pitch the 11th inning.  Finley was ready to come in.

Edited by Angel Oracle