• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/18/23): Rays @ Angels: Schanuel leading off & O'Hoppe is back!

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/18/23): Rays @ Angels: Schanuel leading off & O'Hoppe is back!
41 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I still think his is a good team.  Ugh.  

That's because it is...

This team has endured a ridiculous and debilitating number of injuries...

However improbable: I'm still holding out hope for a Trout/Ohtani beast-mode run for the ages... to do that though, they need the complimentary bats in the lineup (see: O'Hoppe, Zeto, Mous, Drury, Rengifo, Renfroe)...

Unlike recent history - I don't think many of us would be surprised if the Halos ripped off 10-12 straight or 16/20... This lineup is capable of that...

2 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Wow, quite the lineup, makes the game really fun to watch tonight.  Any one know what the shortest time a draft pick has taken to get to the MLB.  I( would guess maybe someone went immediately, I just never hear about that being done.

Over 20 guys have gone straight to the majors in the draft era.  Here's a list:

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

SHANUEL MOVE IS AN ACT OF DESPERATION

So what, got to think out of the box when you suffer these amounts of injuries, and have less than a 1% chance of making the playoffs.  It's best to see what we have at this point in time than shut down completely with recycled veterans.  There is nothing to lose at this time.

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

SHANUEL MOVE IS AN ACT OF DESPERATION

I thought so too at first.  But the more I think about it, what have you got to loose?  Is he going to get 130ABs?  If he does, it probably means the team is hitting and if its hitting we are being competitive.

i know this.... I am watching the game now tonight.  I probably would have opted for HS Football otherwise.

Edited by Brian Ilten

I just don’t see it as desperation because that would assume Perry actually believes the team still has a chance.  It is very reasonable to believe they had a chance at the deadline when they were 3 games out.  It isn’t reasonable to believe they still have a chance now.  This very well could simply be they think he can hit major league pitching now, so why not let him do it.  Arte won’t be around when his service time becomes an issue.