• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/18/23): Rays @ Angels: Schanuel leading off & O'Hoppe is back!

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Also, random note: I live 5.2 miles from the Rose Bowl, but I can hear the music from the concert that just started there over the Angels game that I'm watching in my living room.  I've lived here 12 1/2 years and never had that happen before.  Crazy.

They could go on a roll right now, maybe this is the winning streak we’ve been waiting for.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

?  I'm honestly not following some of your posts tonight.  Sorry.  My post was about a concert 5 miles away that's so loud that I can hear it from my house.

I’m saying the crowd is excited, and that’s reflected in what you heard.  The energy is different.  That’s what I’m saying.

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Can't stand prosperity as another big lead dribbles away. Anderson unable to close down innings through half a game. As per usual. Not good enough stuff or control to fool or beat hitters the second time around. 

Well, the good thing is he's gone after this year!  Oh, wait...

So, I don’t know why this bothers me so much, but the graphic they just showed about Schanuel being the first player to make his MLB debut in the same season he was drafted since Conor Gillaspie in 2008 is wrong.

MLB TV actually asked the same question as a piece of trivia a couple years ago too… and also got it wrong (they said Gillaspie as well I believe). The correct answer is Brandon Finnegan with the 2014 Royals. Was taken 17th overall in the 2014 MLB draft and made his MLB debut that same season. Don’t know why broadcasts/MLB itself consistently get that wrong.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/finnebr01.shtml

Tagging @Jeff Fletcher

6 minutes ago, Don said:

So, I don’t know why this bothers me so much, but the graphic they just showed about Schanuel being the first player to make his MLB debut in the same season he was drafted since Conor Gillaspie in 2008 is wrong.

MLB TV actually asked the same question as a piece of trivia a couple years ago too… and also got it wrong (they said Gillaspie as well I believe). The correct answer is Brandon Finnegan with the 2014 Royals. Was taken 17th overall in the 2014 MLB draft and made his MLB debut that same season. Don’t know why broadcasts/MLB itself consistently get that wrong.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/finnebr01.shtml

Tagging @Jeff Fletcher

He's the first position player since Gillaspie.  Isn't that what they said?