• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/14/23) Angels @ Rangers: Sandoval vs Scherzer on the mound, Moniak leading off again

28 minutes ago, Sho Way That Was A Strike said:

It’s okay guys. Perry believes in this team and Nevin says they have a good approach at the plate, which I assume means they walk to it the right way. 

We are good. 

I assume it means that they might be alcoholics...

1 hour ago, gurn67 said:

Semien vs. Rendon

Semien 7 years $175 million

Rendon 7 years $245 million

Semien has played in 280 games in less than 2 seasons with 45 home runs and 160 RBI's batting leadoff

Rendon has has played in 200 games in less than 4 seasons with 22 home runs and 111 RBI's mostly batting 3rd.

But...but...internal bleeding!

something i've been sitting on all season is that the rangers have been dogshit since 2017, yet they've bought themselves FA's that have propelled them to the best record in mlb? maybe second to the braves right now. yet the angels can't muster a quail's fart of competency in any season no matter what they do.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

WTF "present" was there to blow?  You've gone from constantly being overly optimistic to complaining about shit that makes no sense

clearly, he's talking about the trading away of prospects, which is absolutely true. 

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

I believe that would be included in "future"

i see you working, but i think it's what he meant. maybe i'm wrong. the takeaway should be the selling off of present prospects, which is definitely part of the "doh!" moment minasian is experiencing.

3 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Semien vs. Rendon

Semien 7 years $175 million

Rendon 7 years $245 million

Semien has played in 280 games in less than 2 seasons with 45 home runs and 160 RBI's batting leadoff

Rendon has has played in 200 games in less than 4 seasons with 22 home runs and 111 RBI's mostly batting 3rd.

Sell the team to Billy Beane!

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Which team?   The opening day roster or the current patchwork or 3 month hires / guys constantly plugging holes in the dyke?  (The water filled kind).  

That's beside the point. Yes, the team has been decimated by injuries, but that's not a reason to give up. These guys are still professional athletes getting paid tons of money. The players on this team recently look like they're not into the game. So why is that?

9 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

That's beside the point. Yes, the team has been decimated by injuries, but that's not a reason to give up. These guys are still professional athletes getting paid tons of money. The players on this team recently look like they're not into the game. So why is that?

Probably because the guys on long term contracts are on the DL and the guys on option years etc know they won't be back next year.

6 hours ago, LaPalma said:

No one even looks at him lol.  Bunch of spoiled millionaires.  Obviously he commands no respect.

Such a dumbsh*t comment, but totally expected considering the source.

The caption is more like "Players know Nevin is 100% correct.  The players know they are playing like jack asses and are embarrassed about it"

They look like a bunch of teenagers who just caught caught drinking and driving by their dad.