• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Excluding Ohtani & Trout, Who Are the Three Angels MVP's So Far in 2023?

tomsred

2 minutes ago, ettin said:

Despite the injury I feel like O'Hoppe should exist in this discussion.

Not sure you can call him "MVP" but he has shown that the catcher position may be shored up for a while. The kid has some legit skills. 

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

Moore can get some votes. It may be said that he has been more important than Neto this season. 

Definitely, Moore has been really great.  His 1.77 ERA, and 0.897 WHIP are stellar! 

Wow, I just pulled up a complete list of projected Angels free agents at the end of this season - 13 players.  Included are: Ohtani, Renfroe, Giolito, Grichuk, Escobar, Loup, Urshella, Moore, Cron, Lopez, Leone, Moustakas, and Devenski.

I have bolded the ones I would consider keeping for the right price.  The rest are probably going bye/bye.  Ohtani, Moore and Lopez are critical resigns at this point. Giolito, Grichuk, Urshella, and Moustakas are nice to haves, but it depends heavily on price and also their performance for the rest of this year.  I can't see us keeping Renfroe, Escobar, Loup,  Leone and Devenski unless they become super cheap.

Ohtani is a team MVP, Trout right behind him, and Moore and Lopez could be in team's  top 7.  I wonder what Minasian's priorities will be in dealing with this list once he get Ohtani's situation resolved? 

Moustakas was hot with some important hits for a couple of weeks. And then faded mostly.But still has had a few more here and there. Also played two positions adequately though not great. Probably the closest to a savvy veteran leader with Trout hurt. But still only a short term window for a guy who was a part time player before the trade. 

Drury also was important before his injury. 

Estevez and Moore for their body of mostly dependable work. Not sure any hitter has been a standout besides Ohtani. Moniak I suppose, though he has been slowing down as the season moves along. 

15 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

For those who had Estevez in your top 3. how do you feel about him now?

My 3 are Canning, Moore, Moniak

I feel terrible, this game was very, very depressing.  After reading what everyone else thinks, I would change mine today to Moniak, Moore and Neto.