• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get ready for the Ms!

Torridd

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it’s gonna be Giolito on Monday and Sandoval on Tuesday. Nevin said they are going to keep Giolito on the 5th day and Ohtani on the 6th and everything else works around that. 

After this last week or so that’s all you’ve got to say?  Tell us honest, are we screwed?

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Is this a trick question?

No.  As a journalist as opposed to baseball fan Jeff (who is in there somewhere to this day and probably chewed some baseball card gum in his life), a journalist many here many here recognize wrote a truly professional even handed three part expose on how we got here, I’m asking three questions.

1).  Did we overpay in prospects for a number of slightly above average journeymen?  Is Minasian going Dipoto?  What do baseball people outside the organization think about these transactions?

2).  You’re percentage estimate of our playoff chances?

3).  If Ohtani leaves in free agency do we face a rebuild?

10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it’s gonna be Giolito on Monday and Sandoval on Tuesday. Nevin said they are going to keep Giolito on the 5th day and Ohtani on the 6th and everything else works around that. 

Do you think they will keep Ohtani on a strict 6th day schedule even with the up coming off days?

4 hours ago, Revad said:

No.  As a journalist as opposed to baseball fan Jeff (who is in there somewhere to this day and probably chewed some baseball card gum in his life), a journalist many here many here recognize wrote a truly professional even handed three part expose on how we got here, I’m asking three questions.

1).  Did we overpay in prospects for a number of slightly above average journeymen?  Is Minasian going Dipoto?  What do baseball people outside the organization think about these transactions?

2).  You’re percentage estimate of our playoff chances?

3).  If Ohtani leaves in free agency do we face a rebuild?

1. I have no idea. I haven’t asked any people outside the organization about this. But I do know the Angels major league roster is a lot better now than it was a week ago. And they have a better chance of making the playoffs than they did a week ago. 

2. I’ll say maybe 25 percent. I’m slightly upgrading what the math says because of the guys about come off the IL and the upgrades already made. 

3. I don’t think Arte turned down $3B to do a rebuild. I think if Ohtani doesn’t come back they’ll spend all that money and someone else and try to be as good as possible in 2024.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

1. I have no idea. I haven’t asked any people outside the organization about this. But I do know the Angels major league roster is a lot better now than it was a week ago. And they have a better chance of making the playoffs than they did a week ago. 

2. I’ll say maybe 25 percent. I’m slightly upgrading what the math says because of the guys about come off the IL and the upgrades already made. 

3. I don’t think Arte turned down $3B to do a rebuild. I think if Ohtani doesn’t come back they’ll spend all that money and someone else and try to be as good as possible in 2024.

Arte can still get 3 billion. Halos have decent young core. Vets like Moose, Cron, Renfroe, Grichuk, Lopez, Moore I hope can bring back a few of them.

Small sample only after the deadline deals. I just watched Lorenzen go eight innings of great pitching, giving up only two runs in beating Miami. He was really hot the last month too. As was Giolito. Also had familiarity with the Angels. 

And Scherzer gave up three runs in his first inning with Texas. 

Time will tell how all the deals work out. This year and beyond.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ok. You are way cool Jefff.  But if you want to know the questions the board has that’s my best effort.  Even with players coming back 25% is generous.  We’re happy and scared at the same time, is that possible?

On 8/3/2023 at 12:27 PM, Erstad Grit said:

I know I'm probably setting myself up but I'm dreaming of a sweep and we'd be the talk of baseball.  

These next two games are crucial. A split and we're still in it. A Seattle sweep and we're basically out of it. I feel good about Sunday and Silseth. 

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

These next two games are crucial. A split and we're still in it. A Seattle sweep and we're basically out of it. I feel good about Sunday and Silseth. 

Props to you for the blind optimism.  To reach 91 wins, which might still not be quite enough, they have to go 35-16 the rest of way.  That's .686 baseball.  Not only can't they be splitting series at this point, they can't even be going 2-1 in them.  They have to outperform the best team in the league, Atlanta, which has a .654 record.

A team doesn't just turn around on a dime.  This is the team they've been the past 8 years, and this is the team they're going to be the next 8 weeks.  The only question now, is whether they'll finish above .500 for the season.

It's over, Ohtani is gone, and the Angels are going to be looked at as an embarrassment for years and probably decades to come, for wasting such a generational talent, with NOTHING to show for it.