• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Randal Grichuk and CJ Cron for Jake Madden and Mason Albright (option Cabbage, DFA Padlo, place Ward on 60-day IL)

mmc

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the Angels actually are doing all this as some sort of signal to Ohtani that they want to win?

I've kinda wondered if simply the effort of buying will be enough to swoon Ohtani to stick around. 

Rengifo hitting leadoff is one of the biggest issues I saw in the Two games I went to in Toronto. He is Willy Mays Hayes from Major League 2....trying to be a power hitter when he should've just put the ball in play. Lots of long fly ball outs when the batters in the 7-9 position were on. He also came up a lot with 2 outs it seemed like, and again, I was watching the game, not keeping score, so I may be wrong.

He's been hitting well in July, and hits well as a leadoff guy, only because it is where he's been this month and hitting in front of Ohtani helps.

But I'd still rather he hit 9th and Neto leadoff. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Randal Grichuk and CJ Cron for Jake Madden and Mason Albright (option Cabbage, DFA Padlo, place Ward on 60-day IL)
25 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Rengifo hitting leadoff is one of the biggest issues I saw in the Two games I went to in Toronto. He is Willy Mays Hayes from Major League 2....trying to be a power hitter when he should've just put the ball in play. Lots of long fly ball outs when the batters in the 7-9 position were on. He also came up a lot with 2 outs it seemed like, and again, I was watching the game, not keeping score, so I may be wrong.

He's been hitting well in July, and hits well as a leadoff guy, only because it is where he's been this month and hitting in front of Ohtani helps.

I mean, he went 4 for 12, with 3 BBs and 2 doubles. Kinda hard to ask much more from a lead-off hitter.

26 minutes ago, Hubs said:

As of now Rengifo is halos 4th OF

Just now, Swiss Angel Fan said:

I mean, he went 4 for 12, with 3 BBs and 2 doubles. Kinda hard to ask much more from a lead-off hitter.

Right, but he also had the bases loaded and flied out twice. 

52 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

rengifo

ohtani 

grichuk

moniak

moose

renfroe

thaiss

neto/squid

This is what I’d do and think it’s realistic for today. You have the R/L all the way through. Rengifo has been hot for a month now and Neto is better at the bottom. Grichuk having a good year. 

Personally wouldnt have Moniak anywhere near the middle because the man is a K machine.  But I'm sure they were riding the hottest bats they had.

Hmmm wonder if Grichuk is actually gonna wear #15. Last time this almost happened Jason Castro found out it had been Salmon's and switched in deference. 

He's currently listed as #15 on the official site.

Would be cool to see #15 and #16 in the outfield again though....

Edited by totdprods

41 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hmmm wonder if Grichuk is actually gonna wear #15. Last time this almost happened Jason Castro found out it had been Salmon's and switched in deference. 

He's currently listed as #15 on the official site.

Would be cool to see #15 and #16 in the outfield again though....

Personally, i dont think 15, 16, or 25 should be worn, but thats me. 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

Personally, i dont think 15, 16, or 25 should be worn, but thats me. 

And 27 when Trout Retires....they should retire the number twice. Salmon too.. Anderson Maybe. Finley Maybe. Weaver Maybe. 

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Rengifo's walk rate is 10.5, Neto 5.0. 

If Rengifo had enough at bats to qualify he would be among the top 40 hitters in MLB when it comes to walk rate.  He walked three times in the Jays series en route to a .467 OBP and .967 OPS.

If Rengifo at the top of the order is one of this team's biggest issues this team is far worse off than I thought.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Rengifo's walk rate is 10.5, Neto 5.0. 

If Rengifo had enough at bats to qualify he would be among the top 40 hitters in MLB when it comes to walks.  He walked three times in the Jays series en route to a .467 OBP and .967 OPS.

If Rengifo at the top of the order is one of this team's biggest issues this team is far worse off than I thought.

Maybe I just see him as too streaky, I dont know...I just dont' like him at the top of the lineup. He bugs me.

He is hot though. 

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Maybe I just see him as too streaky, I dont know...I just dont' like him at the top of the lineup. He bugs me.

He is hot though. 

Sure he's streaky, but he's been milking walks all season -- its what made his early season struggles annoying for me because it's the part of the game that didn't transition from the minors to the majors last season and he WAS doing in April.

I'm legit starting to wonder if it's less a streaky thing and more a case of his being a slow starter.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Sure he's streaky, but he's been milking walks all season -- its what made his early season struggles annoying for me because it's the part of the game that didn't transition from the minors to the majors last season and he WAS doing in April.

I'm legit starting to wonder if it's less a streaky thing and more a case of his being a slow starter.

A really slow starter. Plus he's been given regular playing time now with all of the injuries. He's started 72 of 106, but in July he's started 19 (including today) of the 23 games, which means he had started 53 of 83 before this month.

Just now, floplag said:

27 is a given, but yeah, 

Yah, 27 Retired 2x. The Angels first two HOF will both have it Retired.  And probably 17 for sure when Ohtani is done. 

In Baseball, with just 40 men on the roster, and no roster number limitations like football, team can easily retire the numbers of their best career guys.. it's an honor. And when someone goes into the HOF, they should do it if they played a number of their games with the team, even if the majority was somewhere else (Like Carew)...or if they went in as another team (Ryan)...

22 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

So did everyone else.  Would you have agreed with the decision if Scoccia was the mgr?  Prolly.

Prolly? Do you mean Probably? 

But yes, I would've. Scioscia would also never have pinch hit for Ohtani even with cramps...in the situation on Friday night.

Edited by Hubs