• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any news on Trout and O'Hoppe?

I guess O'Hoppe is already swinging and will be starting to take bullpens and sim games soon. At least from what i heard on am710. They also mentioned that Trout is progressing extremely fast. Would be awesome to see him back in the 4-5week range rather than the 37 week range.

Rendon out until 2025 with a blown out colon from a recent trip to del taco.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since Trout's injury, with a 4-8 week expected recovery time. Hard to imagine him coming back in a week and a half, but has there been an update?

And what about O'Hoppe? 

Anyhow, my guess is, at the earliest, mid-August for Trout, late August for O'Hoppe. But those are just that: guesses.

Where is Brandon Drury?  Last I heard was his MRI was negative, which would suggest he has no significant damage.  Any updates on when he may potentially be back @Jeff Fletcher?

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Where is Brandon Drury?  Last I heard was his MRI was negative, which would suggest he has no significant damage.  Any updates on when he may potentially be back @Jeff Fletcher?

He’s been taking BP and working out in the field. But he’s not ready to face full velo, but that could happen any day. Once it does he’d need to do that for 2-4 days and then be ready. 

(Also, I’ve been writing updates on him at the end of my notes stories pretty much every day, and will continue to do, so check those.)

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Would be nice to have him back too. He was playing so well when he went down. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He’s been taking BP and working out in the field. But he’s not ready to face full velo, but that could happen any day. Once it does he’d need to do that for 2-4 days and then be ready. 

(Also, I’ve been writing updates on him at the end of my notes stories pretty much every day, and will continue to do, so check those.)

Thanks @Jeff Fletcher.  Sometimes I miss the forum for a couple days and its hard to catch up on all the reading.

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since Trout's injury, with a 4-8 week expected recovery time. Hard to imagine him coming back in a week and a half, but has there been an update?

And what about O'Hoppe? 

Anyhow, my guess is, at the earliest, mid-August for Trout, late August for O'Hoppe. But those are just that: guesses.

Trout got the stitches out on Wednesday so now it’s just a matter of strength and pain tolerance. I imagine there will be more on him today. 

O’Hoppe able to do everything, but just the beginning stages of it. He’s definitely going to be back this season, but it still could be another 4 weeks. I’d be surprised if it’s more than that though. 

(I’ve also been writing about him a lot lately.)

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Rendon to the 600-day IL?

There should be some type of clause that says, if you miss more than 50% of the time on your total contract it no longer counts 100% against the luxury tax or you get X amount of dollars extra in international pool/ X amount extra to sign draft picks etc.

21 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

There should be some type of clause that says, if you miss more than 50% of the time on your total contract it no longer counts 100% against the luxury tax or you get X amount of dollars extra in international pool/ X amount extra to sign draft picks etc.

The Prince Fielder rule lol

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I was just thinking about Stan Musial and the time he asked for a reduction in his salary because he had a subpar year (for him) the season before. Rendon is no Musial, in fact they're universes apart.

Things change every 6 or 7 decades. The union wouldn’t allow him to do that if he wanted to. The absolute joy you seem to get out of posting about Rendon’s injury issues is a little disturbing 

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Things change every 6 or 7 decades. The union wouldn’t allow him to do that if he wanted to. The absolute joy you seem to get out of posting about Rendon’s injury issues is a little disturbing 

Your attempt at reading my mind falls short. I'm actually pissed but will have absolute joy when he's no longer the Angels' problem.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Trout got the stitches out on Wednesday so now it’s just a matter of strength and pain tolerance. I imagine there will be more on him today. 

O’Hoppe able to do everything, but just the beginning stages of it. He’s definitely going to be back this season, but it still could be another 4 weeks. I’d be surprised if it’s more than that though. 

(I’ve also been writing about him a lot lately.)

How about Adell, Joyce and Bachman