• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's future contract

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You think Brandon Gomes is a difference maker?

Just using Gomes since Fletch used him as an example.

But, to answer your question, I’d say Gomes probably is a difference maker because he’s coming from the player development machine in LA.

But my general point was that you gain access to a better pool of candidates if you’re offering the PBO title.

For example, you could get Chernoff from Cleveland or Bendix from Tampa. And you could also get a top tier AGM from a smart org by hiring them to the GM title.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Just using Gomes since Fletch used him as an example.

But, to answer your question, I’d say Gomes probably is a difference maker because he’s coming from the player development machine in LA.

But my general point was that you gain access to a better pool of candidates if you’re offering the PBO title.

For example, you could get Chernoff from Cleveland or Bendix from Tampa. And you could also get a top tier AGM from a smart org by hiring them to the GM title.

So hire a GM from one of those teams to be Perry’s boss?  With Gomes we have no idea if he calls the shots or if it’s still Friedman. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So hire a GM from one of those teams to be Perry’s boss?  With Gomes we have no idea if he calls the shots or if it’s still Friedman. 

I’m not saying they should replace Perry right now.
I was simply saying that when Arte has needed a new GM in the past, he’s limited his pool by not searching for a PBO and instead only searching for a GM.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I am calm. You have zero idea how easy it is to call ignorant clowns ignorant. I can do it without cracking a smile or raising an eyebrow. I probably sent that reply at my resting heart rate. But no the truth seldom hurts. Ignorance hurts. 

lol -- the fact you had to write a post saying that and convenience me is very adorable and funny (& very telling about you as well).  Thanks, i enjoyed it.

You resorting to name calling is very predictable too.  The Gatekeeper -- "you shall not pass!" lol. 

BTW, your naivety towards sports owners is adorable as well.

19 minutes ago, Skips said:

lol -- the fact you had to write a post saying that and convenience me is very adorable and funny (& very telling about you as well).  Thanks, i enjoyed it.

You resorting to name calling is very predictable too.  The Gatekeeper -- "you shall not pass!" lol. 

BTW, your naivety towards sports owners is adorable as well.

And your ignorance in absolutes is hilarious to any normal person. I’ll be the gate keeper you can continue to be ignorant. It isn’t naivety it’s common sense, which you seem to lack.