• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest homestand in history?

Torridd

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

At first thought the biggest homestand was in the last week of the 1998 season when Texas swept us out of the playoffs by scores of 9-1, 9-1, and 7-1. 

That was sheer brutality.

I went to two of those.  

Left the park realizing texas was clearly the better team.  

23 hours ago, Deek said:

Uh... when was the last time we were on the brink of losing the greatest player in MLB history - and attempting to make a run at the playoffs again???

It's more than this homestand - this next 2 weeks of games will define this franchise...

The 710 AM crew just reported that Morosi is reporting that the Angels have let teams know that they're "listening to Ohtani offers"...

...just ugh...

Too many miracles need to happen for this franchise to not circle the drain...

In my dream world: Trout and Ohtani put on the most magnificent play-off push ever seen - and we sort it out at the end of the season - after making the playoffs... (probability: 8%)...

I am getting tired of "we have to win to keep Ohtani" argument.  If Ohtani doesn't want to be here than trade him and move on.

IMO this homestand is important because it means we are competing for the playoffs or we have another lost season.

Edited by stormngt

23 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I am getting tired of "we have to win to keep Ohtani" argument.  If Ohtani diesnt want to be here than trade him and move on.

IMO this homestand is important because it means we are competing for the playoffs or we have another lost season.

IMO the Ohtani situation is a HUGE distraction and is putting way too much pressure on every aspect of every game.

Fact is the Angels aren't winning with Ohtani so why get saddled with another mega contract.

Nothing against Ohtani, but the Angel situation now is just not conducive for the halos to keep him.  

If the Angels had the Orioles record then different story

Hyperbole, sure, but it is a meaningful home-stand. 0-1 already, but I see implications like so:

0-6 or 1-5: Cements the Angels as sellers. I just think it will be beyond clear that the hole is too deep. They'd be 46-52 or 45-53.

2-4, 3-3, 4-2: "Those were good teams, so let's wait a few more games." 2-4 might belong above, as they'd be 47-50. But they still might want to see how they do with 6 games after against Pittsburgh and Detroit.

5-1: "So you're saying there's a chance?!" Probably false holes, but all of a sudden the Angels are 50-48 again. But can anyone really imagine them winning the next five games against the Astros and Yankees?

In the latter two cases, or a 2-4 record or better, the Angels probably go on a series by series basis. If they go 3-3 and then sweep the Pirates, they're back over .500 (51-49). And then they still have 7 more games vs. the Tigers and Blue Jays before the deadline, so could theoretically be 5 games or so over .500. I don't see them trading Ohtani if they're 5 games over .500.

But chances are, we'll know well before July 31. Meaning, only a miraculous turnaround starting in the next game or two makes this team anything but sellers.

Anything is possible, of course (this is baseball).

The stark truth of the matter is, if we don't trade Ohtani, does anyone believe 1) that Arte will pony up $600 million to keep him, and 2) will he even want to continue playing for this team that clearly is not headed to the postseason any time soon?

Trade him now and get a nice haul to get this rebuilding started.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wasn’t using it as an insult. I just wasn’t denying that you happen to be gay. I’m kind of offended that you think being gay is an insult. 

I don't, but I'd think you'd shut down that kind of homophobic talk from cals rather than co-signing it.