• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All they need to do is play .667 baseball....

@TheLordofOuts You think the last wildcard team is going to need 92 wins? The Rays got in last year with 86 wins in the AL and the Phillies with 87 in the NL. I think somewhere between 87 and 90 wins gets a wildcard spot.

87 win scenario:

The Angels need to win 42 of their remaining 71 games which MIGHT be enough for a wildcard spot. That would mean going 42-29 with a win % of .591 in those games.

90 win scenario:

45-26 win% .634 in those games. 

Their schedule is going to be tough, especially August. Everything will have to go right.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:36 PM, TheLordofOuts said:

to have a good shot at the playoffs.  71 games, that's a record of around 47 wins and 24 losses.  So, after they sweep the Astros this weekend, that brings the total down to 44.  Fortunately, they play many of the opponents that are ahead of them, so it makes it easier to make up ground.  I am of the belief that they aren't nearly as bad as they had been the past 10 games.  

You keep Ohtani.  There is zero chance they get fair market value for him.  Trade for some pitching. You need some guys to come back like Neto and then if you get Trout, it's like getting an all-star in the heat of the race without losing anyone.  

This CAN happen.  Who's with me?

Lol. Maintaining that win % over 71 games is nearly impossible even for the best teams (which the Angels are not). Also, here is their schedule over the next month:

HOU, NYY, PIT, DET, TOR, ATL, SEA, SF, HOU, TEX, TB, CIN

With the exception of DET, PIT, and maybe SEA, every one of those teams is better than the Angels. And, with the exception of a couple of series, the Angels have been awful against "good" teams (those over .500). 

I would be absolutely stunned if they play over .500 during that stretch. I expect the Angels to finish the year at or below .500. 

Before all the injuries, I had some hope they could make the wildcard. But that was before the injuries and before they lost 13 out of their last 17 games.

This is a team that needs to trade Ohtani and Esteves and for once actually think about the long-term future of the team.

2 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Lol. Maintaining that win % over 71 games is nearly impossible even for the best teams (which the Angels are not). Also, here is their schedule over the next month:

HOU, NYY, PIT, DET, TOR, ATL, SEA, SF, HOU, TEX, TB, CIN

With the exception of DET, PIT, and maybe SEA, every one of those teams is better than the Angels. And, with the exception of a couple of series, the Angels have been awful against "good" teams (those over .500). 

I would be absolutely stunned if they play over .500 during that stretch. I expect the Angels to finish the year at or below .500. 

Before all the injuries, I had some hope they could make the wildcard. But that was before the injuries and before they lost 13 out of their last 17 games.

This is a team that needs to trade Ohtani and Esteves and for once actually think about the long-term future of the team.

This. The schedule is brutal. There is little chance the Angels play even .500 ball going forward, let alone .667. 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:36 PM, TheLordofOuts said:

to have a good shot at the playoffs.  71 games, that's a record of around 47 wins and 24 losses.  So, after they sweep the Astros this weekend, that brings the total down to 44.  Fortunately, they play many of the opponents that are ahead of them, so it makes it easier to make up ground.  I am of the belief that they aren't nearly as bad as they had been the past 10 games.  

You keep Ohtani.  There is zero chance they get fair market value for him.  Trade for some pitching. You need some guys to come back like Neto and then if you get Trout, it's like getting an all-star in the heat of the race without losing anyone.  

This CAN happen.  Who's with me?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 🤡