• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Podcast Episode 12

Chuck

Screenshot%202023-07-09%20at%202.34.14%20PM.JPEG

Victor Rojas shares some never heard before insight into the Arte Moreno exploratory sale of the team, we discuss at length the Shohei Ohtani situation, what are the Angels chances coming out of the break, their injuries and who they may select in today's 2023 MLB Amateur Draft in the first round.

YouTube Video to be posted later tonight. 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This may be our best podcast yet. My favorite thus far.

Lots of never heard before insight into Arte Moreno’s dealings, the exploratory sale of the team and the Adrian Beltre signing which was super closed to being done. 

That and of course, a ton on Shohei Ohtani. 

The podcast was very good.  

I liked that the point was brought up about any Owner who signs Ohtani will need to be comfortable blowing over the luxury tax threshold in order to build a roster capable of getting to the post season.    Case in point is the Angels (when healthy) annd with Ohtani are a borderline wildcard contender.  They need more pieces that will cost another $20-$30 mil .

Personally, (un popular option) I thought the "D" grade for Nevin was unfair.   Surprisingly Victor (who I thought was tough on managers) answered the question through a more nuanced lens.

I thought Jeff did a good job leading the podcast.  He was well prepared and wa smooth on inviting reactions from Chuck and Victor. 

Edited by Swordsman78

This may be our best podcast yet. My favorite thus far.

Lots of never heard before insight into Arte Moreno’s dealings, the exploratory sale of the team and the Adrian Beltre signing which was super closed to being done. 

That and of course, a ton on Shohei Ohtani. 

The insight was good, albeit depressing and traumatic.

Can you imagine this club during those years with Beltre in his prime and Trout. 

Butterfly effect.  We don't sign Vernon Wells, Hamilton, or Pujols because Kendrys Morales gets moved down in the order to hit behind Beltre, and thus, never hits the homerun where he has the freak ankle injury.  That ONE year he balked at paying Beltre cost Arte 1/2 a billion!  Instead, we were reduced to trying Trumbo at 3B.

3 hours ago, oldguy said:
6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine this club during those years with Beltre in his prime and Trout. 

Butterfly effect.  We don't sign Vernon Wells, Hamilton, or Pujols because Kendrys Morales gets moved down in the order to hit behind Beltre, and thus, never hits the homerun where he has the freak ankle injury.

The thing that galls me the most about the whole Beltre affair was the fact that he was practically begging for one of the SoCal clubs to sign him. I understand why the Dodgers would not be interested, having been there, done that. And money might have been an issue for the Padres back then but it certainly was not for the Halos.

Also, the butterfly effect goes much further...

Not giving Wells, Pujols, and Hamilton all the money they did means they have the money to keep Greinke and keep replenishing the rotation, once Weaver starts to break down. Plus they don't have turn the page on the likes of Torii Hunter, Howie Kendrick, and Erik Aybar because of money or their dearth of starting pitching. Never mind the fact that Jerry Dipoto probably never becomes the GM and thusly, never gets the chance to obliterate the farm system and player development apparatus like he did.

The Beltre non-signings, both of them were a downward turning point for the organization that it still hasn't recovered from.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:00 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Screenshot%202023-07-09%20at%202.34.14%20PM.JPEG

Victor Rojas shares some never heard before insight into the Arte Moreno exploratory sale of the team, we discuss at length the Shohei Ohtani situation, what are the Angels chances coming out of the break, their injuries and who they may select in today's 2023 MLB Amateur Draft in the first round.

YouTube Video to be posted later tonight. 

Just listened to this episode and wanted to commend the group for a great job! Very good insight on Ohtani and Beltre. Loved hearing the pro points on Moreno too. Lastly, nice one Chuck on your analysis of Schnauel! 

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

Just listened to this episode and wanted to commend the group for a great job! Very good insight on Ohtani and Beltre. Loved hearing the pro points on Moreno too. Lastly, nice one Chuck on your analysis of Schnauel! 

Thanks, @Torridd!!! 🙏

Also, what took you so long to listen. 😉