• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Padres (July 4th, 2023) Shohei Ohtani on the mound

T.G.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yea that’s what I’m doing. I just think you guys are pathetic.  If that’s a straw man then so be it. 

Even you probably realize you can’t straw man your way out of this. Rendon at this point can’t be counted on. Just Carl Pavano him and organize the team without him. Send him to AAA on a rehab when he’s “healthy”. Expecting him to come back and be any kind of anchor for us is fool’s gold.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Totally agree with Wayne here. 

He also mentioned Bryce Harper's injury last year, where he missed a few months and the World Series, yet the team around him rallied. 

The Angels need to go ALL IN. It's now or never, you're not going to get the haul you need from Ohtani. Unless he absolutely says he's walking in FA. 

Hard to believe, but yes other teams manage to win without their star(s). Yankees offense has been abysmal without judge yet they’re still holding their own in the playoff race. Angels need to figure out how to do the same

I just logged on to twitter and it's like the world is ending because Rendon is hurt again for the millionth time. I mean yeah the Angels are toast, but Rendon just goes back and forth between popping it up to center and going on the IL. I'm not sure what anyone thinks they're missing at this point. 

Just now, m0nkey said:

Hard to believe, but yes other teams manage to win without their star(s). Yankees offense has been abysmal without judge yet they’re still holding their own in the playoff race. Angels need to figure out how to do the same

I don't think the Angels' depth has the talent to win 

Just now, asuangelsfan05 said:

I just logged on to twitter and it's like the world is ending because Rendon is hurt again for the millionth time. I mean yeah the Angels are toast, but Rendon just goes back and forth between popping it up to center and going on the IL. I'm not sure what anyone thinks they're missing at this point. 

You forgot to mention the Chuck Knoblauch throws to first base.

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

Even you probably realize you can’t straw man your way out of this. Rendon at this point can’t be counted on. Just Carl Pavano him and organize the team without him. Send him to AAA on a rehab when he’s “healthy”. Expecting him to come back and be any kind of anchor for us is fool’s gold.

He gets hurt a lot. Anything else you’d like me to add so you can feel better about me as a fan?  

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hopefully zero. I'd rather another team deal with him. 

I get ya. But dude is due $38M each of the next three years. Definitely can’t trade him. Could cut him, but I doubt they’ll do that this year

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Most guys walk that off or take a day or two with the hand.

I would hate to be his doctor, he's probably in their every couple months thinking he has some obscure disease.

Or it’s an injury. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

“No it’s not random. He doesn’t want to play, so he fouled a bat off his leg so he wouldn’t have to play.  Just like he chose to have surgery twice rather than play baseball.”

-twats of baseball 

Your whole theory for injuries before was that injuries were like balls in play random and therefore not correlated to any particular player. It keeps happening to the same guys over and over. Injury prone is real and Rendon has it nailed and Trout is close behind.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Most guys walk that off or take a day or two with the hand.

I would hate to be his doctor, he's probably in there every couple months thinking he has some obscure disease.

I’m not sure it really matters….if he can’t stay on the field, whatever the reason, you have to plan accordingly…Gio and Drury we’re good decisions, trading for Escobar was a good move….