• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dexter is BACK for the final season

I can't believe there were 8 seasons of this show. My junior year of college, my roommates and I started watching Season 1. This was shortly after Season 4 aired on TV. I ended up watching the first four seasons in a span of about 2 months. Time flies!

I know it's a cliche, but even when Dexter was at its worst, it was still better than 99% of TV. This season had some incredible moments.

I'd rank the seasons like this: 4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 5.

I can't believe there were 8 seasons of this show. My junior year of college, my roommates and I started watching Season 1. This was shortly after Season 4 aired on TV. I ended up watching the first four seasons in a span of about 2 months. Time flies!

I know it's a cliche, but even when Dexter was at its worst, it was still better than 99% of TV. This season had some incredible moments.

I'd rank the seasons like this: 4 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 5.

Yep! I started watching tons of shows over time and none of them captured my interest like Dexter has. Breaking Bad was a dud for me after three episodes, but because of all the hype I may Netflix it later on this winter. 

Looking forward to Walking Dead next. 

What did you guys like so much about Season 3? Not saying you're wrong for ranking it first, just curious.

I thought they did a great job with the evolution/devolution of Miguel. I remember after the first couple episodes that season being so annoyed by Jimmy Smits and then being completely won over once Dex started mentoring him. 

Just watched the finale last night... That may have been THE worst ending of a show EVER.

I have loved watching this show, and especially trying to identify the Long Beach locations they used.  If you're not familiar with the LBC, google a map of Naples Island; almost all of this last season was filmed on or around those two miles.

Anyway, I was disappointed with this last episode for lots of reasons (some of which have already been stated, like DEX being able to un-plug Deb and take her out of the hospital- even in the middle of all that storm-chaos:  Even after Vogel Jr. was captured, she'd still have at least one Officer on guard).

I thought for a second that Dex was pulling a double-suicide, and was gonna take a weight-belted dive off "Slice of Life" with Deb.  But then, I thought there was no way he would do that because he really loves Harrison.

So, he decides to "protect" Harrison and Hannah from himself by attempting suicide, by pointing the boat into the hurricane.  The boat is destroyed, but somehow Dex survives to live his dream of being a logger somewhere in the Pacific Northwest?!  WTF?!  I think the writers handed-off the last episode to their high school aged children to write.

I would have preferred a longer episode.  Hannah kills Elway (instead of leaving him alive to continue his pursuit of a huge pay-day; why did she have that syringe with her anyway?....).  Dex has his moment with Deb as he un-plugs her, and leaves her in the room to be found and dealt with in a more dignified way than being found bloated in the water next week, or eaten by sea-creatures.  Dex finds a better way to finish-off Vogel Jr. that doesn't totally give himself away to Quinn (who has long-suspected him anyway).  Once he's done there, he gets down to Argentina and meets-up with Hannah and Harrison.

My final scene would have shown him walking through a street market.  He hears a ruckus from a side-alley.  He interrupts a rapist/murder, and briefly fights with the attacker who gets away.  Dex gets back up, sees that the victim is dead and starts walking back toward the street.  Something on the ground nearby catches his attention, and he picks-up the "wallet" that was dropped by the murderer.  As he walks away checking it out with his back to the camera, he turns and gives that knowing Dexter grin one last time.

The last season had by far the most 'mistakes' and was the worst..but the final 15 mins I didn't think was that bad.

I was glad Deb was the focus instead of Hannah.

Did they get lazy? Of course they did..but name one show where the ending was 'good'?

Granted I haven't seen as many as much of you?

Lost? no

Six Feet Under? By FAR the coldest show I've ever seen, and it was fitting..I don't know if it was 'good' though.

Heroes? Didn't even get a finale. I'm still pissed about that.

Hell, I might have to go back to the Wonder Years or Cheers before I find a good ending.

I have read the first six Dexter books. Believe it or not the writing on tv is better. Jeff Lindsay is a mid talent writer that happened to have a great idea. There are similarities in the show and the first book but that's about it. Angel is a lab geek in the books and laguerta was incompetent as a cop. Won't give too much away in case some of you want to read them yourselves.

I did think that the scene with Dex, Bautista and Quinn watching him kill Saxon was good. I wish they would've done more with it though. You get the sense that Bautista and Quinn knew that Dex was f'd up, but they didn't do a great job of projecting that.

I did think that the scene with Dex, Bautista and Quinn watching him kill Saxon was good. I wish they would've done more with it though. You get the sense that Bautista and Quinn knew that Dex was f'd up, but they didn't do a great job of projecting that.

remember that these are the same crack detectives, however, that never seem to notice that serial killers just simply disappear in miami for some unknown reason.

remember that these are the same crack detectives, however, that never seem to notice that serial killers just simply disappear in miami for some unknown reason.

In this show, Miami is the Capital of the World for serial-killers... In the real world, serial-killers go dormant for any number of reasons (such as being arrested for minor violations, personal/family/occupational incidents/changes, etc.).  I think the writers understand that their audience doesn't want to waste time on the issue, tho it was brought-up occasionally.

I'm still more surprised that Quinn didn't wake-up his suspicions, when he saw the dexterity of that kill in the interview room.  See what I did there?!