• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dexter is BACK for the final season

This main problem(s) I had with this episode and the season in general was I thought they could have wrapped things up a little better and he's just going to walk in there (yes, I know a tropical storm/hurricane can be distracting)..turn off this, un-plug that, un-strap something else and just wheel her out of there to a dock (with no other boats in the picture) and just drive off?

This is the very reason I have a tough time believing how Breaking Bad is going to finish up in just 50+ minutes.

Too many corners cut, scenes skipped and lack of attention to detail.

Did Rita' Astor and Cody even show up this season? What about Masuka and his 'daughter? What was the point in even introducing her? How about Saxon just walking into a HOSPITAL with a GUN. Granted..I haven't been to one very recently..and I actually had to look this up because I'll plead ignorance on it.. is that even allowed? Apparently it is, some of the time. What exactly is Hannah going to tell Harrison when she assumes he's dead? Where was Harry the last episode, also?

The whole 'don't think too much about it' argument doesn't work for me either. This isn't Dumb and Dumber or Beavis and Butthead...this is about a guy who hid in plain site for eight years. I think you kind of have to think things through just slightly!

There, I'm done...don't get me wrong..this was one of the best shows I've watched..but I won't just be blind.

The Dexter/Deb scenes were very well done. Jennifer Carpenter was great the whole series and especially season 7. Some might think faking his own death was cliche' but I thought it was alright. Still..is he just going to not call Astor, Cody, Harrison, Hannah..etc etc ever again? He might he been better off killing himself. I guess that's the point though..torturing himself

Great show..glad I watched it and will definitely continue to suggest it to people.

B+/A-

Dexter in the forest was a bit out there. I had been thinking he was going to kill himself and ded for a few weeks. Especially when he realizes he doesn't like having feelings. I did like the interrogation of dexter by Angel and Quinn. We were all snickering at the whole thing. We can all finds holes in storylines from past seasons if we want to pick apart a very entertaining series. Angel Batista ( no relation) remained pure throughout the whole series. I don't recall him ever compromising himself or looking the other way. Maybe a tad in the interrogation in the final episode. Vince never had any blood on his hands either. I think I will re watch the whole series again after a while. There were things to love and hate in every season I am sure. Trinity was the best of the "big bads" and Rita in the tub was maybe the biggest "holy shit! " on tv in forever. I always thought it was going to be that random motorist in the rest stop that did dexter in. There was planning or hunt involved just spontaneous violence.

During the airport scene I pointed out that they were at Ontario Airport. The rest of the room said oMG., once I said it everyone could see it. I think the bus station was the old section of Ontario airport to the west of the new terminals. I remember having to walk out on the Tarmac and up the portable stairways to board the planes. During dexters run they dad a good job of making SoCal look like Miami.

During the airport scene I pointed out that they were at Ontario Airport. The rest of the room said oMG., once I said it everyone could see it. I think the bus station was the old section of Ontario airport to the west of the new terminals. I remember having to walk out on the Tarmac and up the portable stairways to board the planes. During dexters run they dad a good job of making SoCal look like Miami.

Yeah, you're right, I also pointed out that it was Ontario Airport.

As far as the episode, I liked it except the part where Dexter casually rolls Deb's body out of the hospital.  That was a little hard to believe.  The interrogation of Dexter by both Quinn and Angel was funny, especially the look Angel gave after looking at the video.  They both knew something wasn't right, but decided to give Dexter a break.

I was sad on how it ended.  I was torn between having this type of ending or having Dexter sail into the sunset to live happily ever after with Hannah.  But I have to say, overall, I liked this season.

It does end with the option of revisiting Dexter later on, maybe in a movie to tie up loose ends. 

I was never in the navy - so explain to me how you can run your boat into the teeth of a hurricane... crash the boat, then survive and start a new life.

How do you do that?  Why didn't they just let him fly like Superman across the country?

And leaving Harrison with that Mother Teresa Hannah... good call, Dex.

After Dexter dumped Deb's body and the cell phone, I thought he was going to kill himself which would have been fitting.  He was saying how Hannah and Harrison need to be protected from him.  Didn't have the guts to kill himself though.  Or maybe he tried to kill himself by driving the boat into the hurricane, but somehow survived?  In any case, Dexter surviving after dumping Deb's body was disappointing.

I was never in the navy - so explain to me how you can run your boat into the teeth of a hurricane... crash the boat, then survive and start a new life.

How do you do that?  Why didn't they just let him fly like Superman across the country?

And leaving Harrison with that Mother Teresa Hannah... good call, Dex.

my mind tried to run through scenarios where you drive your small boat into the middle of a raging hurricane and survive. don't see how that was possible.

glen?

Series ended with the same lazy writing as the past couple seasons. Instead of being creative, it was all cliches. Wife and I started laughing when he rolled Deb's dead body out of the hospital and only got worse when he drove his boat into the hurricane. Don't even get me started with Dexter living out his "lumberjack fantasies" (Bonus points for anyone that knows where that phrase came from). What was up with that goofy look Dexter gave just before the screen went to black? Was that supposed to lead viewers to believe Dex is back to killing?

I overall enjoyed the entire series, but was hoping the final episodes were going to be soooo much more. There wasn't any character development, no revelations and mostly unbelievable. More evidence that the writers became lazy is they left Deb 4 short of 1000 times saying the word "F$CK"