• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dexter is BACK for the final season

Someone big has to die. Deb, Quinn, Harrison, Angel's sister. They haven't gone balls deep in a season since 4. Give us something to truly remember.

I thought Deb killing LaGuerta last season was balls deep. Same with Deb discovering that Dexter's a serial killer. 

Oliver slits Vogel's throat in front of Dexter

This show really should have ended several years ago. Dexter used to stalk his victims over the course of several episodes and it was something new and exciting, but the novelty of a sympathetic serial killer wore off so the writers shifted their focus to less dramatic plot points. There's no suspense left and the show has been reduced to Dexter surveying and dispatching his victims in a matter of minutes while at the center of a soap opera. Now we're approaching a finale where's he's going to unceremoniously flee the country to start a new life with someone he barely knows. It makes me sad thinking about how great this show used to be. 

Oliver slits Vogel's throat in front of Dexter

This show really should have ended several years ago. Dexter used to stalk his victims over the course of several episodes and it was something new and exciting, but the novelty of a sympathetic serial killer wore off so the writers shifted their focus to less dramatic plot points. There's no suspense left and the show has been reduced to Dexter surveying and dispatching his victims in a matter of minutes while at the center of a soap opera. Now we're approaching a finale where's he's going to unceremoniously flee the country to start a new life with someone he barely knows. It makes me sad thinking about how great this show used to be. 

Bingo.  They have been rehashing the same crap for two seasons.  I am ONLY watching it now because I've put in the time.  I am trying to like it but failing miserably.

Next episode:  They talk about how deb is pissed b/c Dex ruined her life.

This Dr. Vogel thing is a boring mess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why Hannah hasn't cut her hair or changed the color. It's a sloppy oversight considering law enforcement is looking for her.

Wasn't too shocked by Vogels son tonight, but I agree with YK. It hasn't been a great story line, though it could've been. I kind of figured Harrison was going to be the one to leave the show tonight, especially the way they set up an accident about to happen on the treadmill.

Unless the final two episodes are insane, this will be my least favorite season by quite a bit.

I was disappointed with the episode. First, as Tank mentioned, you could see a mile away how they were setting up Harrison to have the accident. Second, why didn't Hannah, at least, put on a head scarf or sun glasses in an attempt to disguise herself? And lastly, wasn't it just too convenient that the Deputy Marshall happened to over hear Batista on the phone telling someone they need a new blood tech? Looks like the writers took a break in this episode.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to the series ending and based on the preview, looks like it will end on a high note. This season, IMO, is not the worst season by far. There were 2 other seasons that were really slow and dragged on.

I'm only still watching because I've watched every episode up to this point.  Quinn and Deb are back together.  Yeah.  Angel's sister will and a great job in Atlanta.  Yeah.  All the little things are wrapping up but nothing earth shattering.  They should've taken a page from Breaking Bad and taken some chances.  I mentioned a few episodes back that they could've killed off Angels sister or Harrison to really WOW the audience but they didn't.  No sizzle.  Why does anyone even care that Vogel got slit?  She's not integral to the story.  Whatev!

because she was boring.

Also, like ya said..a lot of time sinks in stuff most people just dont care about. Even Hannahs role has been overdone.

Good point on Breaking Bad taking chances, though. Mike was my favorite character on the show and I thought it would be worse without him, but it hasn't.

Whoever the hell is writing the last two episodes better have something even close to season 4 or hell. I'd take season 7.

It was obvious from the start that Oliver would kill Vogel.

The Harrison accident was just plain dumb.  All you have to do is pull the safety key on a treadmill.  But I suppose they needed something to happen to Harrison so Hannah would have to take him to the ER.  Not very creative though.

Too many people know about Dexter, and they all have blood on their hands, so most if not all of them need to go.  Deb, Hannah, Oliver still need to go.

Feels kinda like the Halos.  Just playing out the string.

The interesting thing about well written shows is that when characters die you give a sh!t.  Referring back to Breaking Bad, when Hank was hunted in the parking lot of the episode "One Minute", there was tension because you like Hank and fear for his safety.  That is especially the case with Hank and Gomie in Sundays episode, and with Mike earlier this season.  We care about these characters because the writers have taken time to create attachments.  Dexter doesn't really have any characters that I care enough about.  Bautista, Quinn?  They have always just been scenery fillers.  Even Deb is so annoyingly written (or maybe acted) that I don't really care either way.

Call me crazy but I actually dig this season. Deb is terrible and Dr. Vogel probably couldn't have said the word "Psychopath" again without my head exploding but this season has it's bright spots too. I liked Zach and dug the scenes with him and Dexter interacting. Harrison falling on the treadmill was must see tv along with mama's boy replaying the song over and over in the diner. Overall I think it's better than the season with Miguel and light years ahead of the one with Lumen.