• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/27/23): Angels vs White Sox - no Trout

mmc

It got a little too uncomfortable in the ninth but Estevez got away with a pitch right down the middle for the first out and the keystone combo finished it off. 

Fletcher's range at short isn't elite, but he stretched just enough to snag the grounder and bounce an accurate throw to Rengifo for a critical out. 

Oh yeah. Ohtani had an impact. Man, he is peaking more than ever in his career both ways. 200 Ks, 50 Hrs are not out of the question. 

I'm coming around to keeping him at the deadline regardless of the standings. This may be the most historic individual season in history. And it can't be split. 

21 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I was surprised you were half asian, just assumed you were another middle aged white.

(Assumption based on the fact your mom's japanese)

I'm like Atlee Hammaker or Rex Walters

16 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm like Atlee Hammaker or Rex Walters

How big into baseball/Ohtani is the Japanese side of the family? My wife is half Japanese but unfortunately doesn't follow sports or know who any athletes are unless they intersect with tabloid gossip (which guys like Ohtani and Trout never will). 

You just know too that tonight the baseball bloggers and writers were salivating at the thought of writing "Ohtani hits 2 hrs and strikes out 10 as the Angels lose" They love doing that kind of garbage. Especially when Trout homers with Ohtani and the Angels lose. That's what makes tonight's win even sweeter imo.

10 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

For sure dude. Someone else in this thread literally called this lineup "absolute trash" which obviously isn't true, but I'm the one bitching as I'm delving into some numbers showing Ward isn't very good?

For sure.

Ward numbers are just about average.  Despite his awful slump.  He is fine.

7 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

How big into baseball/Ohtani is the Japanese side of the family? My wife is half Japanese but unfortunately doesn't follow sports or know who any athletes are unless they intersect with tabloid gossip (which guys like Ohtani and Trout never will). 

In large cities with NPB teams, the number of young female fans has been increasing than decades ago, as teams have been working to attract and favor female fans. However, in other regions where there are no teams nearby, women who are interested in professional baseball are rare. Focusing on generational preferences, in younger generation, popularity is divided among other sports such as soccer and basketball, and even the proportion of male baseball fans is not very high.

The WBC has made many Japanese women who had never been interested in baseball learned Shohei Ohtani's name, but most of them do not have any further knowledge or interest. I was shocked while watching the WBC live broadcast that a female guest said, "I just learned that a player named Mike Trout is on the same MLB team as Ohtani."