• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Future of Angels Bally Sports Broadcasts

BTH

I'm interested to see the future of the Angels Bally Sports broadcasts.

They've moved their pre/post-game shows onto the field to save money.

In the NHL, the Kings just let go of their TV PxP announcer and are gonna use a simulcast (radio + tv) going forward.

I wonder if the Angels envision using a simulcast at some point. Randazzo has experience radio PxP with the Mets. Maybe at some point, Terry Smith retires and they form a 3-man booth with Randazzo, Gubicza, and Langston to save money?

Also, is Vasgersian still even an Angels broadcaster at this point, given the recent cuts and him only doing 1 series so far this season?

Edited by Trendon

Hypothetically speaking If the Angels traded Ohtani to a team not covered by the Bally Sports Network, would that be the final nail in the coffin for Bally and the Angels? I would imagine the Japanese audience would leave immediately to watch Shohei's new team and that has to affect the Network somehow.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wait, they abandoned the Santa Monica Studio?

They have not. They were in it last weekend. I think they use it primarily for road games. 

15 hours ago, Trendon said:

I'm interested to see the future of the Angels Bally Sports broadcasts.

They've moved their pre/post-game shows onto the field to save money.

In the NHL, the Kings just let go of their TV PxP announcer and are gonna use a simulcast (radio + tv) going forward.

I wonder if the Angels envision using a simulcast at some point. Randazzo has experience radio PxP with the Mets. Maybe at some point, Terry Smith retires and they form a 3-man booth with Randazzo, Gubicza, and Langston to save money?

Also, is Vasgersian still even an Angels broadcaster at this point, given the recent cuts and him only doing 1 series so far this season?

I've also said this from the beginning, the Angels (and other So-Cal Teams) are their best BSN, and they will not be giving up on them until they are forced to. 

On 6/7/2023 at 6:25 PM, Trendon said:

I'd be fine with this.

15 hours ago, T.G. said:

How do you know this?

Jeff Fletcher reported it a few weeks ago:

“The Angels’ pre- and postgame television shows are now shot from inside the ballpark as a cost-cutting measure by Bally Sports West, whose parent company is going through bankruptcy proceedings. Fewer crew members are required to do the show from inside the ballpark than from outside the stadium.”

(Sorry for the late response)

Edited by Trendon

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

Yeah I don't know this is true, or that it saves money.

The Angels’ pre- and postgame television shows are now shot from inside the ballpark as a cost-cutting measure by Bally Sports West, whose parent company is going through bankruptcy proceedings. Fewer crew members are required to do the show from inside the ballpark than from outside the stadium.”

On 6/8/2023 at 3:23 AM, T-angel said:

Hypothetically speaking If the Angels traded Ohtani to a team not covered by the Bally Sports Network, would that be the final nail in the coffin for Bally and the Angels? I would imagine the Japanese audience would leave immediately to watch Shohei's new team and that has to affect the Network somehow.

Bally Sports doesn't own the TV rights in Japan.