• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel fan suing team, claiming foul ball thrown to him made him blind in one eye

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Frivolous...may get paid!

This reminds me of something I heard recently in the news, about a woman who was late 47 times in a year to her job.

Fired!

She sued for discrimination, and was rewarded 11 miilion.

Good times!

8 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Something strange about these facts. I looked up the box score and only inning that ended with a fly out to the outfield was top of the third to Ward.  

Marcereau said then Angels outfielder, Juan Lagares, one of the defendants named in the complaint, was behind the throw into the crowd during a warm up.

Do you guys know why they put “no diving” signs on those little foot-deep kiddie pools? Not because people are stupid enough to dive into them - that will happen regardless. But because 12 random people fulfilling their constitutional duty were stupid enough to buy the argument “my client wouldn’t have dove into the pool and broke his neck if there was a label warning him of the danger in doing so.” 

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Do you guys know why they put “no diving” signs on those little foot-deep kiddie pools? Not because people are stupid enough to dive into them - that will happen regardless. But because 12 random people fulfilling their constitutional duty were stupid enough to buy the argument “my client wouldn’t have dove into the pool and broke his neck if there was a label warning him of the danger in doing so.” 

Yep. Like the old lady that thought it would be smart to put hot coffee between her legs in a car and thinks it’s McDonald’s fault

You missed out on the details of the McDonalds lawsuit. It had to do with the scalding temperature they held the coffee at. They ended up adjusting all of their coffee machines that were set between 180-190°, well above the industry recommended serving temperature of 160°.

I remember when I worked there and read the manager's manual it was in print to set the coffee at 190° for optimal flavor. Now you have to special order at Starbucks to get your coffee brewed at 180° so the grounds are completely extracted.