• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

After the 1/4 point of the season are the angels a playoff team ?

In your opinion are the angels a playoff team as is?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Angels are a playoff team

• Yes
    • No

Just past the 1/4 point of the season and still a ton of baseball to be played. A whole lot of teams seem to be poised for an AL Wild Card spot.  In the end I’m sure Houston wins the division. 

Potential AL wild card teams seem to be Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Jays, Rangers, Mariners, Indians. 

Hopefully we can get some consistent play and reel off a couple winning streaks. I’m starting to have doubts this team is going to pull it off unless Trout starts to hit a lot better and the pitching staff starts to step up. 

5 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Honestly about where I had them.  They should be at least the 3rd WC team.  What's frustrating is they could easily be 5 games better than this.  

Almost every team in the league could be 5 games better than they are.   The Angels also won a few they had no biz winning as well.  The season will hopefully come down to August and Sept.  I would be satisfied if the halos were within 3 games of the West leader going into August.

45 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Just past the 1/4 point of the season and still a ton of baseball to be played. A whole lot of teams seem to be poised for an AL Wild Card spot.  In the end I’m sure Houston wins the division. 

Potential AL wild card teams seem to be Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Jays, Rangers, Mariners, Indians. 

Hopefully we can get some consistent play and reel off a couple winning streaks. I’m starting to have doubts this team is going to pull it off unless Trout starts to hit a lot better and the pitching staff starts to step up. 

Have to put Twinkies in WC

ZI voted no, basically agreeing with T.G.- maybe.  Right now they are not a playoff team, but I expect plenty of good things to happen so they make the playoffs.  I think the SP is likely to improve, Trout will come out of his slump periodically, Ward will set in and the offense will be fine.  There will be fewer mistakes and more games that we win by 4 runs.

if we do make the playoffs and the offensive is on a roll this could be a tough team to stop.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The Lou-sangeles Angels

It's hard to tell. They all need to stay healthy.  Plus we don't know what additions or subtractions they'll make.  I think they have a shot....

The 24-13 start in 2022 saw so much go right, followed by a 68 game stretch that sent the season off the rails.

After a 1/4 of 2023, they’ve had various things not go well, yet are still over .500, granted not doing well against over .500 teams.

We have seen them be in almost every game.

Anything’s possible.

Trout needs to pick it up, Anderson/Detmers/Suarez need to pick it up, bullpen depth needs to improve, and the defense needs to be more consistent.

21 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

You think they can go 68-51 for the rest of the year? 

I do think they can if things break the right way. Detmers needs to get hot. Trout needs to figure some stuff out. Nevin needs to figure out how to use his bullpen. Ohtani needs to stop giving up homers. However, I don't think they will.

I think Texas is going to win the division by a pretty decent margin. I could see them going to the WS. I have zero faith in the Angels to get any better than they already are right now. I don't think they'll finish over .500. I hope I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Right now 3 teams ahead of halos in W/C race so no. How many games behind would halos have to be in W/C for them to trade Ohtani at the deadline? 

If the halos are within 5 or less (for either wc or division) at the trade deadline, then they have to make a run for it with Ohtani.   5-8 is grey area (depending on how many teams are ahead of them).   9+ =trade time

Other variables are injury status on Angels and other teams ahead of them, Ohtani production, Trout production.

Edited by Swordsman78