• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So, still don’t see how things are any different.

This season feels really weird. You just want to believe it’s going to go differently to past years. The level of talent is definitely higher than previous years, but at the same time the same old problems are repeating themselves. Defensively we are nowhere near as good as we should be. Any time we face a good team, ala Yankees, Brewers etc we are beaten largely because they are doing things to a much higher level than we are in the field. The bullpen continues to blow games but it’s not strictly on them. Situational hitting is abysmal, starting pitching just not going deep enough. Nevin’s management certainly questionable too at this stage. I keep expecting them to turn things around and go on a run but I think it’s just hopeless optimism and in reality it’s going to be another season where they can never win a sustained amount of games in a row. 

Edited by HaloSpurs

The reason why the Angels are bad or mediocre at best year after year...it's the players' love for ketchup on their hot dogs, and also that Angel Stadium is built on an old Indian burial ground. Every self-respecting person knows that ketchup does not belong on hot dogs. It kills the taste of the dog and the balance of the ingredients. In Chicago, ketchup is pretty much outlawed on dogs. For me, it's mustard, onions and chili, otherwise known as Coney Dogs, Texas Red Hots or Scum Dogs.

2 hours ago, Chico said:

The reason why the Angels are bad or mediocre at best year after year...it's the players' love for ketchup on their hot dogs, and also that Angel Stadium is built on an old Indian burial ground. Every self-respecting person knows that ketchup does not belong on hot dogs. It kills the taste of the dog and the balance of the ingredients. In Chicago, ketchup is pretty much outlawed on dogs. For me, it's mustard, onions and chili, otherwise known as Coney Dogs, Texas Red Hots or Scum Dogs.

I enjoy ketchup on hot dogs. 

3 hours ago, Chico said:

Chicago dogs!!!!

On 4/29/2023 at 10:44 PM, gurn67 said:

Trout being able to hit home runs when they don't matter. That hasn't changed. When's the last time he hit one when the game was on the line? Anyway, he'll always be the greatest Angel ever, and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Now that's more like it!!! Hopefully, the bullpen can get it done.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, T.G. said:

I think a lot of Angel fans are feeling the pressure of this being a "must-win" season because of Ohtani's pending free agency. Expectations are through the roof. Some of you are wound a little too tight.  Every single thing is magnified for some of you. 

I know it may be hard for some of you... but for goodness sake, take a step back. This game is played by human beings and no one is perfect.  The Angels aren't going to make wholesale changes 23 games into a season.  Fans are knee-jerk in their reactions (DFA Thaiss!). Good front offices are not.  They're making adjustments... we see it every week.  They called up Neto.  They handed the starting catching job to O'Hoppe.  They've made moves in the bullpen.  You might think they're sitting on their hands - but they're working on a solution, IMO.  Some things have to play out in real time.  Not in fandom time.

I truly believe Minasian has a real sense of urgency to get to the postseason.  He's not playing fantasy baseball.  Some of you clearly are...

This team is headed in the right direction.  If you take a step back, it's easy to see.  The results aren't there yet - but I believe they're going to continue to improve.

If halo fans are feeling pressure, they need to check themselves.