• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So, still don’t see how things are any different.

The Angels have gone 0-4 in the last 4 games that they've scored 7, or more, runs.

I'm sure they've done that before, but that's really hard to do.

Also, how many games has the offense scored runs early, and the starters can't hold a lead. 

This team does not play smart baseball. Mental errors have cost them several wins already.

2 hours ago, gurn67 said:

The Angels have gone 0-4 in the last 4 games that they've scored 7, or more, runs.

I'm sure they've done that before, but that's really hard to do.

Also, how many games has the offense scored runs early, and the starters can't hold a lead. 

This team does not play smart baseball. Mental errors have cost them several wins already.

Definitely NOT a high baseball IQ team

I know it’s counterintuitive but I still think they should have rolled the dice on trading one or two of Ward, Sandoval, Rengifo, and Suarez last deadline when it was a great market for sellers. Yes, all of those guys looked like key pieces for the future and are the type you build around, but teams were paying up well for controllable talent and we really have a quantity more than quality problem when it comes to that tier of young depth, if for nothing more than breaking up some of the roster inflexibility that optionless Suarez and a Rengifo cause. It’s what smart teams do, cash in on some of this young talent via trade when the opportunity is there. Marsh and O’Hoppe is a good example, and yeah, Logan got hurt and Marsh is mashing, but still a good trade.

It wouldn’t have been a ‘win now’ move, but we could have supplemented via FA just  as we did.

Ignoring the pen was really, really bad. 

Suarez should’ve been kept in the long-relief role he was excelling in a couple years back. He and Barria should have held that down the last couple years, until one invariably got squeezed, and picked up spot-starts/tandem-starting as needed.

I still believe in Quijada - he was good until the meltdown. He’s going to be that typical reliever who can look lights-out one night and awful the next, but he’s one of basically two guys in the current pen that has the ability to put out a fire quick. 

Davidson deserves a shot at starting now - but if he’s shaky after a couple shots, should go back to relief. Wantz, Barria, and Suarez can handle Davidson’s current role. Ultimately they need to break this up and bring up Joyce, Soriano, someone with some filthy stuff even if they’re not quite ready just to bring another high-octane option in.

They need to ditch the utility-player idea for Rengifo. He’s trying too hard. He’s trying to do everything. It’s mental. He’s a good player. Stick him at 2B and say it’s his. Drury sucks at 1B (still don’t know why we signed him and didn’t use that money for pitching) but maybe staying there permanently until Walsh returns will help him as well. Use Urshela as the utility guy because he seems to be doing well with that. 

Edited by totdprods

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

I say fuck this and start bringing up a bunch of guys from the minors. Convert some starters if you have to. Start purging

I don’t give a shit if Joyce has had some games where he’s pitching like Charlie sheen on a bad day.

Honestly, I think that’s close. And I think my post above also isn’t lost on the FO. I think they know these things too, and just wanted to see how things settle before making any decisions as far as cutting bait on guys or setting players at certain positions, but it’s becoming pretty apparent. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If there isn’t a simple one for one swap, Davidson in the rotation and Suarez in the pen, then you have to start DFA-ing some guys to give you more options to call up.  

Tepera is on the IL but you have to wonder how long before he and Loup are in that discussion.....Loup might actually get some nibbles from other teams, so long as we eat most of his remaining contract.....

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Tepera is on the IL but you have to wonder how long before he and Loup are in that discussion.....Loup might actually get some nibbles from other teams, so long as we eat most of his remaining contract.....

I would have rather seen Loup than Barria last night.