• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels outright David Fletcher off the 40 man roster, Chad Wallach with the team on taxi squad

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels outright David Fletcher off the 40 man roster
6 minutes ago, mmc said:

So who do you guys think this roster spot is for?

Part of me thinks Wallach, since O'Hoppe was shaken up during his 1st AB today.

But the other part of me thinks that they have something else in motion because Fletcher probably had to be put on waivers ahead of today's game, if not yesterday or a few days before then.

11 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Part of me thinks Wallach, since O'Hoppe was shaken up during his 1st AB today.

But the other part of me thinks that they have something else in motion because Fletcher probably had to be put on waivers ahead of today's game, if not yesterday or a few days before then.

Maybe it’s to create space for Wallach after Saturday’s debacle with Thaiss.  Or for a reliever.  Probably one of the other.

Props to Perry though.  I give him credit for being proactive and making moves/changes, and moving on from guys when he feels they aren't working.  

17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcher

Do you know if there are gonna be more moves coming? Or did they just put him on waivers to see if anyone would take his contract?

I assume something is coming. They certainly didn’t think anyone would take his contract. And if some team wanted it the Angels would probably have preferred to make a trade. 

And I don’t think it’s Wallach because if they’re gonna DFA Thaiss then that creates a spot. 

and they didn’t get him through waivers since O’Hoppe tweaked his shoulder. They had to put him on before. 

Neto's will get a long trial period, and while he has only one hit so far, he does not look overmatched to me.  He is making good contact, has a good awareness of the strike zone, and is fielding well.  The Angels have five possible shortstops behind him in the minors who are in the top 30 prospects - Paris, Guzman, Jackson, Soto, and Vera.  They are all very young and who knows how they will finish developing.

36 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

In any case, there is a spot on the 40 man roster now open.  The Angels can promote someone from within the organization, or they can claim someone placed on waivers by another team.  They could also sign a free agent, there are several still out there.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens, but based on Perry’s trend, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another aggressive prospect promotion.

I think the most obvious need for an upgrade is backup catcher, but I likewise wouldn’t be surprised to see a reliever IL’s and someone who isn’t currently on the 40 man roster get promoted.

12 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens, but based on Perry’s trend, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another aggressive prospect promotion.

I think the most obvious need for an upgrade is backup catcher, but I likewise wouldn’t be surprised to see a reliever IL’s and someone who isn’t currently on the 40 man roster get promoted.

A lot of speculation about a catcher. But if the Angels move on from Thaiss, they have to DFA him so that creates a spot for the new catcher. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

A lot of speculation about a catcher. But if the Angels move on from Thaiss, they have to DFA him so that creates a spot for the new catcher. 

Perhaps Thaiss could be “injured”?  I see teams somewhat creatively use the IL to stash talent, etc..