• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can he pitch....

5 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Oh, bollocks.

So, as penance, a one week self-ban or a name change? @Inside Pitch @T.G. @Chuckster70

th-3255179958.jpg

Just to get it out of the way, like @Inside Pitch said, this is what kicked it off way back in the 1700s. All that stuff about tea is whatever. (We drink coffee over here, anyway).

But we're Americans. You know better than anyone we suck at history, and will forget this pretty quickly.

Give it a few months, and this will turn into "remember that time @WicketMaiden said our pitching sucked, and we beat the Mariners 18-12?"

6 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Oh, bollocks.

So, as penance, a one week self-ban or a name change? @Inside Pitch @T.G. @Chuckster70

th-3255179958.jpg

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Please, no.

1. Self-bans are dumb.

2. Your name is perfect.

I agree, no need to change anything @WicketMaiden. We've all jinxed players and the team more than once. I didn't think we'd win last night's game with our 5th starter going up against their ace #1 anyhow. I was just hoping Suarez would have pitched well.

48 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Thanks, guys. I know it's all in good fun and was impressed with your various uses of 'wanker', a fine British insult. But, boy, did our pitching shit the bed in that game or what? Pfft.

you didn't ask my opinion, but i would have made you change your screen name, move to a new flat, start cheering for chelsea, and stop eating beans for breakfast.

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Thanks, guys. I know it's all in good fun and was impressed with your various uses of 'wanker', a fine British insult. But, boy, did our pitching shit the bed in that game or what? Pfft.

Tell you what I liked about yesterday.  Instead of wasting more arms, Nevin had Barria stay in and absorb the hits.  The game was out of hand and Barria hadn't pitched much during ST.   Two birds, one stone.

8 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Black pudding (blood sausage) is delicious, a must-have in a traditional English breakfast. It tastes a hell of a lot nicer than it sounds.

But I agree, we are a bit freaky as a nation.

I've had it.  It's disgusting.

I don't know if you guys have similar but there is a TV show over here called "Four in a bed" (nowhere near as exciting as it sounds!) The owners of four different small hotels take it in turns to spend a night at each others establishment. And then they critique how they found it. And it can get a bit nasty sometimes - people don't like their pride and joy business being slated. But one of the frequent discussion points is baked beans with breakfast. Some will say, "we are posh, we don't serve beans" others, "breakfast without beans? WTF?"

The latter is most definitely the correct attitude!

But fried pigs blood? Hmm.... 

14 minutes ago, steveuk said:

I don't know if you guys have similar but there is a TV show over here called "Four in a bed" (nowhere near as exciting as it sounds!) The owners of four different small hotels take it in turns to spend a night at each others establishment. And then they critique how they found it. And it can get a bit nasty sometimes - people don't like their pride and joy business being slated. But one of the frequent discussion points is baked beans with breakfast. Some will say, "we are posh, we don't serve beans" others, "breakfast without beans? WTF?"

The latter is most definitely the correct attitude!

But fried pigs blood? Hmm.... 

@Tank going to London, seeing beans for breakfast, and thinking "can't get much worse than that."

Is offered spotted dick right after.

1 hour ago, steveuk said:

I don't know if you guys have similar but there is a TV show over here called "Four in a bed" (nowhere near as exciting as it sounds!) The owners of four different small hotels take it in turns to spend a night at each others establishment. And then they critique how they found it. And it can get a bit nasty sometimes - people don't like their pride and joy business being slated.

If they made that show stateside, there'd be no nastiness, just gunfire.