• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Hernandez (LA Times)

Chuck

24 minutes ago, Deek said:

LOL! @ "An upcoming 49 game stretch will tell us what we need to know about the team".... why stop at a third of the season - why not go all the way: "the next 159 game stretch will tell us what we need to know..."

Looking at the schedule I’m more concerned with July and August than April and May.

There is nothing a sports writer at the Times could write that would upset me.

When I was kid, my dad would drive me to school and I would read aloud Jim Murray and Alan Malamud. I assumed all big city papers had writers like that. It's fun to look back on how naive you once were. 

22 minutes ago, Justin said:

There is nothing a sports writer at the Times could write that would upset me.

When I was kid, my dad would drive me to school and I would read aloud Jim Murray and Alan Malamud. I assumed all big city papers had writers like that. It's fun to look back on how naive you once were. 

Its more an indictment of the current writers than anything else.  Jim Murray was the gold standard.

Unless a writer is doing a story on a player's life, I tend not to read any of them.  I'm more likely to read a human-interest piece than an opinion piece.  When I read game re-caps, I usually only read the quotes from the players or manager.

I read Joe Poznanski and guys like him.  Sam Miller is also great.  The rest, I basically skip.

He's really negative and while the Angels do not get the positive glowing coverage the Dodgers get, they need to stop treating them like they are in a small market. 

The Angels are the second team in the second largest market in the country. They may play in OC, but they are on every TV (well that has cable) in the entire Los Angeles market, from San Luis Obispo to Northern San Diego County and probably even Vegas.

They have the two best players in the sport, and solid pitching this year to boot. 

They are always top 10 in payroll under Moreno. 

They deserve positive coverage of their successes and negative coverage of their failures, not negative coverage of their season before it happens. Dylan Hernandez is a hack.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've noticed Mike DiGiovanna has been taking his shots at the Angels too. I'm not sure if it's just an LA Times thing, but @Dollar Bill seems to be fair and balanced at least. 

It’s an LA Times thing. Bill isn’t as bad as Dylan but he loves to get his shots in too. I think I saw a comment recently that felt accurate, “the LA Times is Angels coverage for Dodgers fans.” I think that sums up just about everything Bill writes as well, he just posts his articles here for a few extra clicks.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This guy really REALLY hates the Angels. I know some of us (myself included) have picked on some of Sam Blum's attention seeking tweets and articles, but he's nowhere close to being on the level of garbage as Dylan Hernandez. 

What did the Angels ever do to him? 

Blum is critical of the Angels because the organization has many legitimate shortcomings and has repeated many significant mistakes that Angels fans would like to see corrected.

The LA Times crew is antagonistic towards the Angels organization because they have a superiority complex and a goal of driving a Dodger positive narrative.

You’d do better to think of the LA Times as a wing of the Dodgers marketing department.