• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Blum

yk9001

I haven't spent as much time around this parts as I'd like.  But I do know when I do, I am going to see a Sam Blum tweet.  Followed by many posters/mods calling him basically a c*ck sucker.  I can't figure out how this despised Angels reporter is continually posted here (and obviously followed).  I go back to the Howard Stern movie from one million years ago.

• Researcher : The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit : How can that be?

Researcher : Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit : Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher : Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit : But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher : Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Don’t understand why people hate him so much, I was not a fan of him when he first took over as Ardaya’s replacement, found his tweeting style in particular to just be annoying, but it doesn’t annoy me anymore and I appreciate that he’s willing to shed light on issues in the organization that other people aren’t.  And again to anyone who is bothered by that, don’t you want the Angels to be a first class organization that other teams look to replicate?  Putting pressure on the organization to make changes is the only thing anyone can really do.

Next: Rendon reads or releases prepared statement. Angels do the same.

Sam still wants answers. Others do, too, but Sam has a tweet already prepared and will want answers next time the Angels go to Oakland 

Edited by ScottT

If you read Blum's comments on non Angels stuff or panel type pieces you realize he's not really anti Angels, he's just a sportswriter trying to be Woodward and Berstein. Regardless of the topic he seems to take the same angle. If you think that makes him a good read fine, but pretending he doesn't have a particular slant or perhaps better said, "style" is funny to me.

At least its not the insufferable Molly Knight tasked with covering the Angels.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If you read Blum's comments on non Angels stuff or panel type pieces you realize he's not really anti Angels, he's just a sportswriter trying to be Woodward and Berstein. Regardless of the topic he seems to take the same angle. If you think that makes him a good read fine, but pretending he doesn't have a particular slant or perhaps better said, "style" is funny to me.

He definitely has a style, I just don’t get why it’s one that people seem to take personally.  The team 100% deserves to have someone covering them from that angle

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agreed.

Especially with the last part.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

He definitely has a style, I just don’t get why it’s one that people seem to take personally.  The team 100% deserves to have someone covering them from that angle

This.

We don't need 3 Jeff Fletchers. Jeff is very good at what he does, but Blum provides a different perspective. 

The "hate" he gets is really bizarre to me. But everyone is allowed an opinion.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

This.

We don't need 3 Jeff Fletchers. Jeff is very good at what he does, but Blum provides a different perspective. 

The "hate" he gets is really bizarre to me. But everyone is allowed an opinion.

Agreed.  Though some seem to think Blum isn't! Ha ha

16 minutes ago, mmc said:

Misquoted someone else initially.  I think its more a question of "how" than "what" he says with Blum.  I had a reaction to him too until I realized he goes at everything the same way.

I've listened to his podcast.  He can't seem to understand why Arte doesn't spend like Steve Cohen.  This type of attitude (the MLB version of Modern Monetary Theory) just grates on me as I remember the 1/2 billion spent on Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson. I would love to have Jourdan Rodrigue cover the team.

28 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I see the mods are alive and well in this thread. 

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wasn't me..  But, he's putting in work for sure.

You’d be surprised to learn that the Mod who hid some posts in this thread is actually a Sam Blum supporter.