• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst part about yesterday's game...

32 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Delhi Capitals are favourites with the bookmakers - 3/1 to make the final. Mumbai Indians, Rajastan Royals, and Royal Challengers Bangalore are joint 2nd favourites at 10/3. I think RCB are over-priced with Buttler's form being in question as he's such a huge part of their batting line-up (the England captaincy is messing up his game), so I think MI and RR look the best bets.

It's a very tight competition with the outsiders Kolkata Knightriders and Sunshiners Hyderabad at 9/2.

Chennai Superkings look like a fun team to watch, but I don't think they've quite got the bowling to make a good run of it.

Do you watch the IPL @Angel Oracle?

Not yet, but tempted to 

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

The shittiest part to me is that Perry and Phil's game plan was and is to use Loup and/or Tepera in the 8th with a 1 run lead.  Which means they're gonna keep doing it for awhile.  

Perry/Phil

Really? Really? Really?

You two do know that they both SUCKED in 2022?

At least put in Moore in game and see if ST was an aberration.

Hoping that Loup, Tepera and Quijada are no longer with the team by May/June.

By then, call up CRod, Joyce, and Torres.

Edited by Angel Oracle

35 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Delhi Capitals are favourites with the bookmakers - 3/1 to make the final. Mumbai Indians, Rajastan Royals, and Royal Challengers Bangalore are joint 2nd favourites at 10/3. I think RCB are over-priced with Buttler's form being in question as he's such a huge part of their batting line-up (the England captaincy is messing up his game), so I think MI and RR look the best bets.

It's a very tight competition with the outsiders Kolkata Knightriders and Sunshiners Hyderabad at 9/2.

Chennai Superkings look like a fun team to watch, but I don't think they've quite got the bowling to make a good run of it.

Do you watch the IPL @Angel Oracle?

You forgot Gujarat Titans. 

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

You forgot Gujarat Titans. 

Not much to say about the Titans. They've got a couple of excellent, aggressive batsmen (watch out for Shubman Gill this year - he's really matured as a batsman over the past 12 months), and a couple of excellent bowlers (Rashid Khan in particular - probably the best leg spinner in cricket), but too many holes around the star players - think Angels circa 2018 - 2020.

Gill is definitely worth the time, I can see him having a massive tournament now he's been put up the order to open.

58 minutes ago, Taylor said:

They can hang out with Brendan Donnelly in Jack London Square.

Hopefully at least @ten ocho recon scout gets this reference.

I saw Donnelly at The Catch back in the day and jokingly asked where he hangs out in Oakland when he plays up there.  He said “Not even our baggage handlers hang out in Oakland.”

18 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Not much to say about the Titans. They've got a couple of excellent, aggressive batsmen (watch out for Shubman Gill this year - he's really matured as a batsman over the past 12 months), and a couple of excellent bowlers (Rashid Khan in particular - probably the best leg spinner in cricket), but too many holes around the star players - think Angels circa 2018 - 2020.

Gill is definitely worth the time, I can see him having a massive tournament now he's been put up the order to open.

I still think they'll be in contention.

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

I still think they'll be in contention.

It's such a tight competition it wouldn't surprise me if they made a good run into the play-offs. Those 'holes' I talked about could well turn out to be young players blossoming into stars. A great start for them today.

Just now, WicketMaiden said:

It's such a tight competition it wouldn't surprise me if they made a good run into the play-offs. Those 'holes' I talked about could well turn out to be young players blossoming into stars. A great start for them today.

Sounds like another team I follow. 

Loup, most obviously. But Drury and Renfroe's final at bats. You have a fast runner on first. Who, by the way, didn't really cause any distraction or show aggression. Either his or the manager's decision. And those two batters couldn't or wouldn't adjust their approach by shortening up their swings. 

Those type of situations are where a lot of the strategy of baseball can make a difference. Hit and run, a straight steal, hitting to the opposite field, trying to punch a single where the ball is pitched, working the count, and so on. Clearly not all hitters are good at this stuff, but if the game is in the balance they have to change their approach. 

Maybe it's unfair to single this out, but for years I've seen Angel hitters just trying for power swings regardless of the situation. And maybe look for more 'small ball' efficient players.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Rengifo is the fastest infielder on the Angels roster and Nevin sent in a pinch runner. This move made no sense at all. What made less sense was red lighting him. 

I’m with you @Blarg.  It made absolutely no sense.  It wasn’t like he was pinch running for Stassi.  It was Rengifo.

Angels were down a run with less than 2 outs.  You have a pitcher who was throwing 80% breaking stuff.  He probably isn’t even great holding runners on, and Phillips had a big lead, yet…nothing.

Can’t explain that move.  Isn’t the strategy to get the guy in scoring position and not play the long shot of a gapper?

5 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m with you @Blarg.  It made absolutely no sense.  It wasn’t like he was pinch running for Stassi.  It was Rengifo.

Angels were down a run with less than 2 outs.  You have a pitcher who was throwing 80% breaking stuff.  He probably isn’t even great holding runners on, and Phillips had a big lead, yet…nothing.

Can’t explain that move.  Isn’t the strategy to get the guy in scoring position and not play the long shot of a gapper?

Philips like Loup playing scared. No reason to take Rengifo out.

4 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

The shittiest part to me is that Perry and Phil's game plan was and is to use Loup and/or Tepera in the 8th with a 1 run lead.  Which means they're gonna keep doing it for awhile.  

Clearly there's a "payroll" issue here. Those guys are getting a lot of money, so they're going to pitch. A lot.

I'll wait to be proven wrong.